OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fishing out of Venice, LA

Started by wisconsinteacher, January 11, 2015, 05:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Next March, my wife and I would like to take a trip and go fishing some place warmer than northern WI.  I have been doing some reading and see that Venice, LA has some nice options with the in-shore and off-shore trips.  Does anyone have any info on fishing there or anywhere else down south?  We are open to driving there as apposed to flying.  We would also like to enjoy different dinning and sites as we travel.

It would be a hunting trip, but she is not into turkey hunting so fishing is the compromise we are willing to make. 

dirt road ninja

I've fished out of there since I was a kid. I know lots of guides and can definitely point you in the right direction. Heck, we can definitely put a trip together. Pm me with you information and I'll give u my honest opinion. March is not a great month, it can be, but much will depend on river stage.

cuttinAR

Reel Tite Fishing.  Captain Boola.  Can't go wrong.

sasquatch1

offshore ~ paradise outfitters "hunter caballero" hands down no doubt about it!!!
inshore ~ cpt frank moore out of hopedale!

ScottS

I went last summer with my cousins to a place called Venice Fishing Lodge. I believe that is what their website is too. We stayed in the lodge and went fishing for redfish the next day. Lodge is nice, food was great, and we caught our limits of redfish plus some flounder and trout. Check them out, I would go back in a heartbeat.