turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New guy from Arkansas

Started by Izzyjoe, January 09, 2015, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izzyjoe

Hello everyone, my name is Joe, I've stumbled onto this site a few years ago when I first started turkey hunting. This year will be my third season, and I've yet to kill one, came close two years ago, but he hung up about 75yds out, and would not move in. I'm very green when it comes to turkey hunting, but I've been deer for over 25 years, and been very secessfull, but I'm learning that turkey hunting is a whole different ball game! My uncle is the only one in my family that ever turkey hunted, and I asked him for advice, and he didn't remember a whole lot about it, just the basics. He did give a wing bone call, and a box call, which neither one sounds good to me, but I'm still learning.  Sorry to be so long winded, but I thought I'd join up and chew the fat with y'all and learn something!

hunter22

Welcome to Old Gobbler. Where you from in Arkansas? I live in Batesville, AR.

mgm1955

Izzyjoe

ericjames

Welcome to old gobbler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

Izzyjoe

Boy I hope so, like they say 3rd times a charm! I have many different shotguns, and I'm trying to work out which one to use.  I haven't had time to get to the range, but when it warms up some I'll go.  Best thing I've patterned so far is my win. 120 ranger with an old Tru glo choke, it give me just over 100 hits on a 10" @ 40yds, but it shot way low.

willy8457

Old Timer53

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

tomstopper

Gawhitaker

Welcome aboard, good luck this spring, SE Arkansas here

carbonelement

Welcome aboard, I'm pretty new on the site as well. I am also from arkansas, I live over by lake Nimrod close to ola. Good luck I hope this is your year to get your first thunder chicken.