OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need suggestions on a 20 ga for a petite woman

Started by RutnNStrutn, January 08, 2015, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys!! :icon_thumright:
I appreciate it, and I'm sure she will too!! Best of luck to all of you this season!! :fud: :OGani:

bamagtrdude

Quote from: K9Doc on January 13, 2015, 10:01:14 PM
Guys he asked about a small framed lady. I would recommend a gas operated gun. Pumps kick, inertia operated kick too.
A beretta is a very light weight gas gun or even a browning silver. A hard kicking gun is not fun for anyone.
Just my 2 cents.

Agreed; this is why I went w/the Winchester 12ga SXP Compact for my 12 year old daughter; she's about as small-framed as it gets, and Winchester has monkeyed with their guns to dial-out that kick and I'd say they nailed it!  My inertia-driven Stoeger bowled her over, but ...  the compact SXP was perfect for her!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

K9Doc

It's one thing to shoot dove loads in a pump, but a pump gun becomes a very different animal when u pull the trigger on a Magnum Turkey Load.
Think about.....
If you can afford the extra $$$$, the gas gun is hands down a better option.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

silvestris

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 13, 2015, 08:39:56 PM
:TooFunny:  I don't know that I would mention to the authorities that I loaned a gun to a felon. :z-twocents:

He was not a felon then.  Spect he still has the gun.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game