turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Decoy

Started by mikeyfuzz, January 01, 2015, 03:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyfuzz

I'm considering buying an Avian x hen decoy. Does anyone have any experience with this decoy? Is it worth the money? Good quality?  I can't see myself spending the money on a DSD decoy, and the Avian x is collapsible so it seems like it would be easier to transport in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

The Avian X decoys are probably the best looking collapsible decoys out there. I still like my DSD's though.

Right time, right place, they will all help in the harvest.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

dirt road ninja

I have both and the avian is much easier to carry. I find them equally realistic. 

captpete

I had an Avian X Jake & hen set for one year. To me they were like carrying around a couple of basketballs. I never deflated them when I was hunting with them....blowing them up the first time was enough for me. Like I said they reminded me of basketballs when they were blown up. They were kind of bulky and seemed heavier than the DSD's that I have now, but I didn't have the DSD's and Avian's at the same time to actually compare the weight. To me the Avian's look very realistic(probably the best of the collapsible) from a distance, but like most decoys the closer you get the less realistic they look. The DSD's look realistic no matter how close you are to them.

Gobble!

Have some buddies that use these. They are heavier than the DSDs but are collapsible. They are pretty good looking to and my buddies really seem to like them.

Snoodsniper

I have two and they are excellent decoys.

VA_Birdhunter

I just picked up a Avian-X breeder hen for Christmas (thanks to my wonderful wife).  But my buddy had one last year and I really like it so I had to have one myself.  I will be adding a lookout hen around March.  I really like the look of them and even though there a little more bulky then other inflatable decoys that was the deciding factor for me between the Avian and DSD since I hunt the step Appalachian mountains all season in multiple states.  I try to use a decoy as much as I can but not always....and I have been very successful without a decoy but having a good decoy I can deflate and pack more easily is what I was looking for.  I do think you can be very successful with either brand. 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

sasquatch1

If any one is interested I have one I would like to part with! Its the feeder hen, only been in the woods twice. just decided decoys aren't for me, I don't like carrying them. I did lose the stick but you can order one or just use any stick as I did last time. 45$tyd in lower 48. PM me if interested.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: sasquatch1 on January 01, 2015, 11:27:22 AM
If any one is interested I have one I would like to part with! Its the feeder hen, only been in the woods twice. just decided decoys aren't for me, I don't like carrying them. I did lose the stick but you can order one or just use any stick as I did last time. 45$tyd in lower 48. PM me if interested.

Sent u a pm!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch1

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: gwa on January 01, 2015, 12:41:50 PM
LOL the early bird gets worm.....

gwa.....a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then!! 8)    This pig don't find many!!