turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A good book for those that like to read about turkey hunting

Started by strutnva, December 31, 2014, 09:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutnva

I got Herb McCLure's Native Turkeys and a Georgia Mountain Hunter for Christmas.  After about 3-4 nights before bead I knocked it out pretty quick.  I really like reading about hunts from a different era and really enjoyed it.  Just wanted to let folks know it is well worth $20.  Got a couple others also, just not finished with them yet.  Also, please post other good reads.

Rapscallion Vermilion

I would second that recommendation for Herb McLure's book.  Enjoyed it very much for the same reason --- reading about those hunters who kept the turkey hunting traditions going when turkeys were gone from most of the country and the few turkeys remaining were very wild and wary.  I believe Herb joined here recently.

Another book that I am enjoying very much is the new edition of Kenny Morgan's second book: America, Turkey Hunting, and Mongrel Dogs.  This book is more beautifully done than any other turkey hunting book I've seen. My wife even suggested I leave this one on the coffee table. His first book is on my short list of favorites and this one is a terrific follow on.

mgm1955