OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I appreciate all you deer hunters...

Started by Skeeterbait, December 23, 2014, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeterbait

...each fall leaving the lakes to just a hand full of us fishermen.  ;D  We have been blessed with great fall fishing this year and cooperative weather.  I used to chase those bucks too and had a good time doing it.  But I traded deer hunting for fishing about 10 years ago and haven't regretted it.  Good luck to everyone hunting deer and stay safe.  Merry Christmas and we'll see you back here this spring.

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

2eagles

There's sump'n wrong when a guy's hold'n those big'uns an he can't even smile............

mgm1955

Skeeterbait

The crappie was 2.1 lbs and hit a deep running crank bait about 18 feet deep.  We catch 2 lb crappie fairly frequently in the spring here and I have caught a couple over 3. 

ncturkey

Nice catch. What lake is that? Pretty pictures.

Skeeterbait

First two are on a big slough off the Alabama river.  The bridge is part of the cart path of the local golf course.  The last is on lake Jordan on the Coosa river.

chadly

VA_Birdhunter

Awesome job skeeter!  Like You I gave up deer hunting 10 yrs ago and spend my fall and winter chasing grouse with my setters and scouting new turkey hunting spots!  Don't miss it at all!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Gamblinman

If I ain't turkey hunting, I'm crappie fishin.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Gamblinman on December 24, 2014, 09:03:57 AM
If I ain't turkey hunting, I'm crappie fishin.

Gman

When we finally have an OG fish fry we know who's bringing a mess!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

Gooserbat

Glad you enjoyed the fishing.  I'd rather be hunting but fishing is fun when you can't hunt. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcustomboxcalls

I used to spend a lot of time crappie fishing when I was a kid.  Great fun!!

Those are some nice fish Scott.

Bill