OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

outfitters for rios?

Started by dfresh55, December 22, 2014, 04:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfresh55

Hey guys looking for a good outfitter to get a Rio or two on the ground anyone have any suggestions?

Tail Feathers

I'd look to W. OK.  Prices seem to be a bit better than most TX outfitters.  Or KS.
Check out the hunts at www.getducks.com.
Ramsey is a great guy.  I've used him and can recommend the hunts he offers.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mgm1955

I've hunted with Rush Creek Guide Service in TX panhandle for several years. Danny Pierce is the owner, great guy. No one has ever not tagged all the birds they wanted in 2-3 days max. Can shoot 4/season. Also has land in western OK, only 20 minutes from camp where you can shoot 3 more if you want. Check out their website. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Gooserbat

Check with Stuart Ranch, Dennis Cattle Company, Rawhide Creek Ranch, Chain Ranch, all in Oklahoma. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

memert116

Live Oak Outfitters in Eldorado, Tx.   Affordable license over the counter, GREAT outfitter and guides, lots of birds and a great time in camp!

Gamblinman

Quote from: mgm1955 on December 22, 2014, 04:47:46 PM
I've hunted with Rush Creek Guide Service in TX panhandle for several years. Danny Pierce is the owner, great guy. No one has ever not tagged all the birds they wanted in 2-3 days max. Can shoot 4/season. Also has land in western OK, only 20 minutes from camp where you can shoot 3 more if you want. Check out their website. You wouldn't be disappointed.

+1

Danny has the birds for sure.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

hunter22

I have hunted the past two springs with Windmill Outfitters in western Oklahoma around Arnett. Keith is good people and runs a top notch operation. Great accommodations in a large ranch house and fantastic food. I believe he told me he has over 30,000 acres he hunts. I am going to hunt with him early this year and stay around and help him guide a large group he has coming in after my group. I love those loud mouthed Rios. 

nativeks

Gooserbat

Quote from: hunter22 on December 28, 2014, 10:59:38 AM
I have hunted the past two springs with Windmill Outfitters in western Oklahoma around Arnett. Keith is good people and runs a top notch operation. Great accommodations in a large ranch house and fantastic food. I believe he told me he has over 30,000 acres he hunts. I am going to hunt with him early this year and stay around and help him guide a large group he has coming in after my group. I love those loud mouthed Rios.

Yeah I forgot about Keith, he has always treated me good. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.