turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What a Day!

Started by allaboutshooting, December 19, 2014, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

I was able to get out to the range today and do some shooting for the "Turkey Choke Evaluation Project" that I've been working on for a while. I'm about 2/3 of the way through.

I still need at least one more good day, and another 36 rounds, to complete the shooting portion.

Frankly, I feel a little beaten-up right now after all of those 3" WLB turkey loads through a variety of guns.

If it's clear and warm tomorrow, I'll go after it again and maybe get all the shooting completed. Then, I have a lot of patterns to evaluate and get the data compiled for the article.

I'll let you all know when I'm through and I hope you find the information helpful.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

cjordan

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

trkehunr93

grayfox

Ouch!  I sure hope you are using a Lead Sled or at least some heavy padding on your shoulder.  I know all the OG members here really appreciate all that hard work you do.  Thanks Clark

owlhoot

Can't wait to see it Clark.

Nice days to shoot in December ! Bet you don't miss the 3 feet of snow on your roof there. ;) ;)

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Clark, many thanks for doing this evaluation.  There are many of us who are really looking forward to seeing your test data, once you've had enough time to compile it.

I am curious to see how the Longbeards respond to different constrictions and choke designs in the same guns.

VA_Birdhunter

Clark I'm really looking forward to the results!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

allaboutshooting

I appreciate all the positive feedback. I need another full day with good weather for shooting and then I'll get to work finishing the evaluations and write-ups. That could be as soon as this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Thanks,
Clark

allaboutshooting

Quote from: owlhoot on December 25, 2014, 09:45:43 AM
Can't wait to see it Clark.

Nice days to shoot in December ! Bet you don't miss the 3 feet of snow on your roof there. ;) ;)

That is certainly a change from SI and I don't miss the snow/ice at all.

Thanks,
Clark