turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My S. Carolina deer season so far

Started by RutnNStrutn, December 10, 2014, 11:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

It's been an odd season, hot and cold, both for weather and hunting. So far I've gotten an 8 point, a 9 point and a couple of does.
The 8 point was kind of weird. In early October he was still hanging out with 2 other bucks, a 6 point and another racked buck. I got a couple of game camera pics of the trio. Then on October 8th, the trio of bucks stepped out following a nice fat doe. I made a 225 yard shot with my TC Encore in .30-06. Here are their pics.

The next afternoon, I hadn't been in the stand long when this nice 9 point came slipping by just inside the wood line. I dropped him at 20 yards to end a successful 2 days of hunting.

Later in November, I got a couple of does. The nicer of the two came on an 18 degree morning, right at daybreak. My reward for braving the cold.

I have on more trip to my lease planned next week. Hopefully I'll have more pics to share after the hunt.

SCGobbler

Nice work sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

VA_Birdhunter

Awesome job!  Congrats on some nice deer!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Rokhal07

Ontlongbeard

Tail Feathers

Great deer!  Congrats on a good season.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

dirt road ninja

BigMick

Awesome.  Congrats on some fine deer.

mgm1955

Congrats on some really fine bucks!! Great season!!

captin_hook

allaboutshooting

Congratulations! What a great season. I look forward to my first in SC next year.

Just getting settled this year.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

RutnNStrutn

Clark, whereabouts in SC are you gonna be? I hunt outside of Estill down in the Lowcountry.

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats on a good season and some good looking bucks....

nitro

Real nice Bucks!!!

We hunt in Bamberg County and have taken some nice deer this year as well. I shot one battle scarred 8 point that lost a good fight.. He was gored on both sides of his neck.. Hide was all scraped up. Haven't found the victor - yet.

I shoot an Encore in .308 some hunts.. After getting Mike Bellm to work the trigger down to 2# , it's a pretty accurate rifle.
Royal Slam 2008

RutnNStrutn

We've got several pics of some nicer bucks than those, but getting game cam pics, and getting them to step out in front of your rifle are two different things!! Holds good promise for the future though!