turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

wanting a new call

Started by jdub2041, December 09, 2014, 04:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub2041

I'm looking for a new pot call that sounds like an old boss hen with some rasp.

davisd9

Lonzo Trice Glass, Sadler McGraw Glass, Spring Allure Crystal with Purpleheart striker, or light's out Glass will give you that!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

hunter22

Sounds like you are describing Bill Lyman's aluminum/glass pot call to me.

dirt road ninja

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mgm1955

Lots of choices. Other ideas Darrin Dawkins, David Halloran, Ed Jenkins to name some others.

TRKYHTR

Here is a soundfile for my Limba pot, glass over glass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIakq4T06xQ

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

R AJ

Now Joe that just sounds like an ol' boss hen with a lot of rasp to me. That's right ,I forgot that this sound is what he was looking for. :wave: :icon_thumright:

Jbird22

jdub2041, there have been lots of great options given but I'd add a Yingling copper to the list as well. I have one in dyed Big Leaf Maple burl and it's probably the best sounding pot call I own. It'll do it all, from soft and sweet to loud and raspy. I have a feeling it will be a stone cold killer!

Joe, that Limba pot sure is a sweet sounding call!

Snoodsniper

Quote from: JBIRD22 on December 10, 2014, 09:32:51 PM
jdub2041, there have been lots of great options given but I'd add a Yingling copper to the list as well. I have one in dyed Big Leaf Maple burl and it's probably the best sounding pot call I own. It'll do it all, from soft and sweet to loud and raspy. I have a feeling it will be a stone cold killer!

Joe, that Limba pot sure is a sweet sounding call!
X2...My Yingling pot is a new favorite. You will not be disappointed!

alclark2

Yingling copper killed a few for me this year. Great buy for sure..

Ed Jenkins - Ghost maker game calls is next on my list. People all over Indiana talk about his glass call.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Stump.270

The twisted sister or hooks cedar assasian glass

Chris Downs

Champion's Choice by Sadler Mcgraw or Halloran.

paboxcall

Quote from: jdub2041 on December 09, 2014, 04:52:24 PM
I'm looking for a new pot call that sounds like an old boss hen with some rasp.

Probably best pot call I've ever run.  One of our site sponsors, and a corian pot, too.  There's tons of range - you can run it crazy loud, run it super soft, cutt like crazy and yelp with tons of rasp built in. The corian pot is a great design, has a small lip on the bottom that gives you total control over it when you are running the call. The call produces super sweet and contented purrs and clucks, and is completely capable cranking yelps and cuts loud enough to shock a gobbler a mile away. Its simply a great design that easily produces very authentic turkey talk. It doesn't get better than that.

http://www.perfectionturkeycalls.com/shop/our-products/friction-calls/screamin-39-demon-ii/prod_61.html

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

TauntoHawk

Got the perfect call, mad hen by jimmy Schaffer. Dropped a bunch of birds last year just has an attitude that other glass/crystal calls don't have. I didn't think anything would ever replace the twisted sister
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>