OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

870 wingmaster barrell with rem chokes

Started by Swampchickin234, December 08, 2014, 09:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Alright guys this may be a little off topic.  Am wanting to get an old wingmaster to be able to shoot steel out of it and have the capabilities of changing chokes.  Can the barrel be cut from 30" full to 26 or 28 and be threaded?  Or would the best bet be to purchase a new barrel with rem chokes?  If so , any particular brand of barrel that would be better?  Preciate and god bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on December 08, 2014, 09:52:05 PM
Alright guys this may be a little off topic.  Am wanting to get an old wingmaster to be able to shoot steel out of it and have the capabilities of changing chokes.  Can the barrel be cut from 30" full to 26 or 28 and be threaded?  Or would the best bet be to purchase a new barrel with rem chokes?  If so , any particular brand of barrel that would be better?  Preciate and god bless.

I would recommend that you purchase a barrel. Those old Wingmaster barrels are very nice and there is a market for them, if they are unaltered. I saw some 26" & 28" Rem-Choke barrels to fit 870s for sale the other day for less than $100.00.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Swampchickin234

If you wouldn't mind me asking, where did you find those barrels mr Clark?  I'm very interested

SumToy

Try EBAY..  Now you can order a new one also.   

Now Me I would thread the one on it.  Some of them can have Rem chokes some have Tru-Choke. 

The Tru-Choke IS NOT BAD.  They make a thin wall We don't do it.  The Normal one is thicker then the Italian guns chokes. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Swampchickin234 on December 10, 2014, 04:24:29 PM
If you wouldn't mind me asking, where did you find those barrels mr Clark?  I'm very interested

They were new barrels, choice of 26" or 28" for $89.99 plus $10.00 shipping. I'll have to get the information to you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."