turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hello to all!

Started by Deerbnb, December 07, 2014, 09:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deerbnb

New guy here, from middle Tennessee (Dickson county). Just found this forum of like minded folks, thanks for having me.
I have been chasing these birds since 1987. Old stories in outdoor life magazines piqued my interest as a teenager. I was in a deer stand in Humphries county in 1986 when I saw my first wild turkeys, I couldn't believe how big and beautiful they were. More importantly there were actual turkeys where I was hunting. I spent the next 4 months reading everything I could on the subject and I attended a turkey hunting seminar put on by the nwtf. There was no outdoor network or web chat rooms to get first hand info and very few turkeys. I was hooked for life when I heard my first gobble in those woods that next spring. I was blessed enough to take a bird that first year (long long story but it finally happened).  I have laid down a lot of tracks since then and my share of birds. The most memorable ones involved kids taking their first birds while with me. I absolutely love life and chasing the wild turkey gobbler. Maybe y'all can help teach this old dog some new tricks and let me enjoy hearing some of your stories and advice.
Deerbnb

mgm1955

hunter22

:welcomeOG:

Lot of turkey killers on this forum. You have found the right place. 

Sully53

ericjames

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions