turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picked me up a new to me 1187

Started by casersmcdoo, December 07, 2014, 05:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casersmcdoo

Any tips on a good choke tube? In my Winchester 1300 I shoot a Indian Creek with Hevi-Shot. Thanks in advance yall!

casersmcdoo

Devastator

Trulock HW7 choke,with the Fed HW 7's. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: casersmcdoo on December 07, 2014, 05:00:25 PM
Any tips on a good choke tube? In my Winchester 1300 I shoot a Indian Creek with Hevi-Shot. Thanks in advance yall!

Congratulations! You have a great gun. I'm including Win-Choke guns like your 1300 in the "Turkey Choke Evaluation Project" that is about to get underway. You may find that of help to you.

It will include most all of the major brands of chokes.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SKFOOTER

Quote from: timb on December 07, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
Trulock HW7 choke,with the Fed HW 7's. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
X2.  Also try the Jellyhead .660 with the Mag Blend loads. 

SumToy

We run from 650 to 665 in them.  Now I will give credit to those that need it.  The Jelly Head is a low end choke that works good also. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Snoodsniper

I have a good friend who shoots a 1300 with a short barrel. Everything on it's box stock including the choke and it is very deadly. If yours is the slick little turkey model like his I'd put it to work before you go throwing money at it.

Gobble!

My Remington likes the Indian Creek choke and they have been great to me.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Gobble! on December 24, 2014, 12:42:07 AM
My Remington likes the Indian Creek choke and they have been great to me.
Constriction size????

vaturkey

The Hevi 13 choke tube is awesome in the Oldschool 870's & 1187's ! It's .662 constriction  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

bunk

Jelly head. I have a jelly head .660 and for the money I think it's the best choke for a Remington. I also had a Indian Creek 665 and it didn't put up the numbers my Jelly Head did so I sent it back and got a .655. The Indian Creek .655 equalled my Jelly Head in numbers with maybe a little more even pattern over all. The Indian Creek is a great choke with good people willing to work with you to get the most out of your gun but they're quite a bit more money. Also the wad traveled further out of the Indian Creek choke than the Jelly Head with everything I've tried. To sum it up you can spend the time and money and maybe get a choke better than the Jelly Head but they're hard to beat.

owlhoot

x2 on the hevi 13 choke, works good with lots of loads too.

And of course the tube makers , sellers on here have top notch stuff.