OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got drawn for Florida, spring of 15!

Started by Tail Feathers, December 04, 2014, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

FL draw results are in and my group got drawn.  I owe an Osceola tom a big ol' head thump! :funnyturkey:

That also means I get to start my turkey hunting in March. :jackson:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mgm1955

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Rokhal07

chcltlabz

Congrats and good luck to you.  I failed to draw again.  :z-winnersmiley:
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Cove

Me too! Congrats to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobblerjim

Congrats good luck. I'll be in the woods opening week as well in south florida.

RutnNStrutn

Congrats Tail Feathers!! Glad for you and your crew!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Shoot me a PM and let me know where you got drawn. If I know the WMA, I'll give you some tips if I can. Maybe we can hook up for bite to eat if you are hunting in my neck of the woods. Let me know.

I got skunked this year for permits, and last year too. >:(  Pretty bad when you can't get a decent hunt in your own state!! FWC's permit process stinks, AND they also have tons of prime, public land that's loaded with turkeys where hunters aren't allowed to set foot on.

chcltlabz

Same story here in Maryland, without the permits.  There are thousands of acres of prime real-estate that is publicly owned that is either off limits to hunting, or is leased out to people to hunt privately.

As far as private land goes, you better have deep pockets, because farmers here make more money on the hunting rights than they do on their crops.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Tail Feathers

Thanks guys.  We drew the season opener for four days.
I can't wait!
Jim, PM at you. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

Chcltlabz, it's even worse in FLA because we have Osceolas. Between the overdevelopment of FLA, the wealthy businessmen from the big cities and the outfitters leasing up land for their Osceola hunts, the average Joe doesn't stand a chance. You either spend BIG bucks for private land, or you hunt public land.
The public land quota hunt system is whacked. Unless you're putting in for run of the mill land, with mediocre or poor hunting, you can go years trying to draw a permit for good public land. It is very frustrating.

hootn

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on December 10, 2014, 07:01:50 PM
Chcltlabz, it's even worse in FLA because we have Osceolas. Between the overdevelopment of FLA, the wealthy businessmen from the big cities and the outfitters leasing up land for their Osceola hunts, the average Joe doesn't stand a chance. You either spend BIG bucks for private land, or you hunt public land.
The public land quota hunt system is whacked. Unless you're putting in for run of the mill land, with mediocre or poor hunting, you can go years trying to draw a permit for good public land. It is very frustrating.

unless you know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows THE guy. thats the way it worked out for us in 13, and was able to hunt it again this past spring. and i think i have found another 600 acres or so if i go back.

scott

Gobblerjim

We get get drawn every three years. And guest off one another. May have only one year off that WMA. Then you got hunt a romp and stomp that year or go out of state. Which I'm planning for 2016. Which is a whole other thread I'm going to start.

TURKEYWHACKER

Me too, me too, me too. Sorry Rut, I just had to buddy.  :icon_thumright: Not the greatest WMA but we get on the birds every season. Even kicking around the idea of doing the first 9 days.