OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

To #2 on the year. Mainframe 9pt

Started by reynolds243, November 23, 2014, 07:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

first and foremost all the glory to god and just beyond blessed for the things he has allowed me to do and the life he has provided for me.

been hunting pretty hard the past 2 weeks and killed a stud opening day of ML already.  Since then the deer activity has taken a major nose dive at my spot and been super hard hunting even with moving all over the farm to try and find whats going on.  Been so sporatic in sightings i wasn't even super fired up this morning about going but decided to head out and shoot a couple does for a buddy thats wants some meet.

at 7am had 4 does come in above me on the ridge and 6 does below me (most I've seen in a while) so decided i was going to blast one of the ones up top so i didn't have to drag her up the hill. Got all ready and situated, popped off the safety and started to squeeze one off and this ol dude comes out of no where and happened to be after the doe i was aiming at which made it super easy to quickly adjust and pull the trigger. Didn't even look at how many points he had i already knew by his body he was a good one.  243 hammered him and he didn't go 25yds.

live weight right at 200lbs he was a big big dude.  Ended up being an 11pt with all the kickers. It has been such an amazing and awesome season so far and could not be more grateful for all of gods blessings and the beauty of his creations.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ncturkey

mgm1955

Nice buck!! Congrats on a great season.

land cruiser

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: reynolds243 on November 23, 2014, 07:33:22 PM
first and foremost all the glory to god and just beyond blessed for the things he has allowed me to do and the life he has provided for me.

Awesome job!! Most important you placed thanks where it was truly do and your priorities are right in place!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

RutnNStrutn

vaturkey

Vaturkey

timberjack86

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

ILIKEHEVI-13

He would of been bigger next year.  Just kidding you.  I am impressed.  Congrats.