OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mathews cam questions

Started by bigbird, November 07, 2014, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I have a Z7 and want to give it to my son. The cam it has in it now is for a 30" draw, he's probably about a 27. But he's a growing boy so I was curious if anyone knew if I could buy a couple cams so I could get it to fit him. A few lengths so I could keep him in it as he grows. Any info would be great and thanks in advance.

TnRidgeRunner

A 27 inch cam will be the harder of the two to find, however, pretty much any Mathews dealer will most likely have one. If not then PM me as I know of two shops in my area that will have this cam. Is he right or left handed? Your looking at about $100 bucks a cam.

bigbird

SinGin

You might try archery talk. Someone there may have one. I bought one for my target bow on ebay.

Jbird22

Archery Talk classifieds would be THE place to look. One could probably be found there for around $40-$50. If you go to a pro shop you can expect to pay $100!

Gooserbat

Like others said Archerytalk Classifieds are a treasure trove of goodies and Ebay is a good source for Mathews cams as well.  Remember if it's a 2010 it will have a Z7 cam and if it's a 2011 it will take a ZX cam.  There is supposed to be minor differences as well as 2010 bows having SE4 limbs vs the SE5 limbs of the 2011. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.