turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lohman Longshot choke

Started by jblackburn, September 26, 2014, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Anyone have any experience with these chokes?  Found one for a decent price, but I know nothing about it.  Who made it? 

I would put it in a 1300.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: jblackburn on September 26, 2014, 12:51:39 PM
Anyone have any experience with these chokes?  Found one for a decent price, but I know nothing about it.  Who made it? 

I would put it in a 1300.

That choke used to have a cult like following much like the Star Dot chokes. They've not been made in several years, unless someone has started making them again, which could have happened.

I shot all the varieties of them and had them on my site for several months, probably 5+ years ago and they were some of the most popular chokes at that time.

As the name implies, they used a longer parallel section than many of the chokes produced in that era and that was the "secret" to their patterning ability. A longer parallel section helps to stabilize the shot charge and allow it to settle before exiting the muzzle.

That choke was not made from hardened steel, so it's not Hevi-Shot approved but will do an excellent job with lead shot, especially #6 or even #7 shot.

They commanded a premium price years ago but I frankly have no idea what a fair price would be today.

If I saw one for $60.00 or less, I'd probably buy it and give it a try.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

jblackburn

Thanks for the info, Clark.  I wish I would have remembered to check this earlier this weekend.  I missed the one I saw on Ebay, pretty sure it was New Old Stock, it went for $10.50 and I completely forgot about it! :angry9:
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: jblackburn on September 28, 2014, 09:01:29 PM
Thanks for the info, Clark.  I wish I would have remembered to check this earlier this weekend.  I missed the one I saw on Ebay, pretty sure it was New Old Stock, it went for $10.50 and I completely forgot about it! :angry9:

You're welcome. the 835 chokes were especially sought. That was a very good buy for $10.50.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."