turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Excited for this spring

Started by nativeks, September 14, 2014, 04:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nativeks

We stumbled upon some land that was going to be coming for sale in January. We got it before it hit the market. After a few delays we took possession in July. While it is not a huge property, I am looking forward to taking a bird off my own land. To make it better the guy we bought it from is not a turkey hunter and told me to hunt his stuff too. Already getting some good pics

Did I mention it has deer too?

Crawdad

NICE!!!! looks like you did well buddy, good luck this spring.

hunter22

Awesome!!  Hunting your own land is really special.

mgm1955

Great pics. Looks like you'll be busy this fall as well!!

tomstopper

Awesome. Hope it brings lots of joy and success to you.....

nativeks

Its expensive but definitely worth it. I am battling a serious sericea infestation

Slowly clearing out the honey locust so I can plant beneficial trees

At least there are tons of plums. Need to learn how to make plum jelly.

Hoping to get some food plots in next summer for deer, turkey, and doves. Also plan to build a house next year on a couple acres of it. I am not chasing the deer, but I may take a quail or two out of a covey I have been seeing. Need to get a handle on the sericea.

dirtnap

Nice.  Those locust trees are probably a pain in the neck to get rid of. 

HartClemson99

Congrats, you are living my dream!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

nativeks

I am ready for spring

[/QUOTE]

Boilermaker

Awesome photos!  Looks like you have a healthy flock running around on your land.  I share your impatience for spring.  I am ready to get back in the woods chasing spring gobblers!  Deer hunting is fun, but I live for spring turkey season.

nativeks

Yeah I don't deer hunt it. Sold my truck Friday so we can get a house build started out there this spring. Be nice to walk out the front door to turkey hunt. My brother has missed this buck twice at 13 and 14 yards out of a ground blind. We have lots of pics of him

mgm1955

Wow! That's exciting. Good luck this spring! If your brother needs  :help: just let someone on here know.

nativeks

A few more have showed up

Big boys finally showing up

VA_Birdhunter

Turkey on your own property is a great thing!!

I don't deer hunt but those r some nice bucks!!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Old Timer53

Congrats on your new property.
Looks mighty promising.

:icon_thumright: