turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

no gobbling yet but finally seeing turkeys

Started by dawgfrombama, March 18, 2011, 10:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawgfrombama

still haven't heard a gobble but noone in this area is hearing them either.  I walked up on and spooked about 8 or 9 hens today. No gobbler with them though.  After running the hens off I figured my day was done so I took some pics of the property I was hunting.  Oh yeah I hate spooking turkeys worse than anything.  But we all do it.

Flydown

dawgfrombama

I should have gotten some photos of the creek and big creek bottom.  Out of my 3 places this one is the best.

FttFttVroom!

They will definitely be in there!  I've got three weeks to go and they are still flocked up, but they started fighting alot last week and will bust up and spread out soon.

KYFrid

Awsome Property Man! Don't get discouraged. If your sein hens then the gobblers aint far!  :anim_25:

hootn

all i can say is that in pickens county wed thru this morning they were gobbvling good on the roost however they almost got tight lipped after hitting the ground however they did gobble some after hitting the gound running away with the hens, bad henned up.

scott

ericjames

Dawg mine are doing pretty good, done a little damage this week,one had 7/8 spurs and the other had 1 1/4 on one side and 1 5/16 on the other. both gobbled  just not alot I was just listening for the drumming. Hard hunting none the less,hope it gets better for ya.

dawgfrombama

Dang Eric....you been tearing them up.  If my luck doesn't change, I might have to go with you one day.  ;D

ericjames

ok,anytime . Almost got another this morning just would not come from behind some bushes for a clean shot