OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just Goofing Around

Started by mfd1027, March 18, 2011, 09:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

My son had his I-phone with him the other day so I had him shoot a clip of me running a 2 reeded Whistler.   I love that damn call.    I know I'm going to make a few gobblers nuts in Ga. next wk. with it.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJNNug2Vn7g
Dan

keyser12ga

dangit, I don't have speakers on this (work) computer.  Can't wait to hear it.

latimer shedhead

Great sounding call and calling. The triple reed whistler and secret weapon i got have become my top two mouth calls. It seems hard to find a good mouth call, quality has seemed to drop with the mass production. Thanks, and good luck on your trip.

unclerick

Dang Dan you sound almost as good as I do on that call,,, :TooFunny:

Seriously though, that sounds great, I've actualy heard that call in the woods.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

There's no way i could sound as good as you Rick!!!

I've had a lot of luck with that call over the yrs.   I use it a lot when the boys get henned up.   It's such a natural thing for hens to come to that call.   It's a maternal thing  and if you ever do get a gobbler to answer you and he's alone take your safety off and get ready.   
Dan

harvester

Sounded great Dan but Rick still has you beat, with your own calls.  :character0029:

mfd1027

I feel kind of like how "Stradivarius" must have felt.   Everybody is better with my call's than I am.   First it's Rick, then JJones kills a pile of turkeys with em, I think they might have had something to do with Lat Shedhead's bird and now Mike goes and wins a contest.   I'll just have to keep practicing.   :you_rock:
Dan

ElkTurkMan

I'm still diggin my 3 reed whistler.  It will be one of my go to diaphragms this spring.

harvester

Quote from: Hawken on March 19, 2011, 05:24:32 PM
I'm still diggin my 3 reed whistler.  It will be one of my go to diaphragms this spring.

You can do some pretty mean cuttin on that one along with some great keekees

gob09

Quote from: mfd1027 on March 19, 2011, 10:33:31 AM

I've had a lot of luck with that call over the yrs.   I use it a lot when the boys get henned up.   It's such a natural thing for hens to come to that call.   It's a maternal thing  and if you ever do get a gobbler to answer you and he's alone take your safety off and get ready.   

i beg to differ with the first part of that statment Dan

keyser12ga

I had a bird run in and stand about 30 yards kee'ing for several minutes and he didn't sound as good as that, ha.  I love that 2 reed whistler.

If you guys haven't been to Dan's page in awhile, he has the full lineup of calls on there now, with video's. 

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on March 19, 2011, 09:00:03 PM
Quote from: mfd1027 on March 19, 2011, 10:33:31 AM

i beg to differ with the first part of that statment Dan
Who asked you anyway, you just keep working on that trumpet and stay out of this... :TooFunny:

harvester

mfd1027

Rick.   We need to get you into some contests!!  :you_rock: :z-winnersmiley:   You know they do have two man teams in contests and we could you running a mouthcall while Wes ran his trumpet.   You guys would be unbeatable. :wav:
Dan

unclerick

Quote from: mfd1027 on March 20, 2011, 10:27:31 AM
Rick.   We need to get you into some contests!!  :you_rock: :z-winnersmiley:   You know they do have two man teams in contests and we could you running a mouthcall while Wes ran his trumpet.   You guys would be unbeatable. :wav:
That is an excellant idea but Wes just ain't good enough for me to comp with.... :goofball: