OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

puppy picture

Started by chadly, July 29, 2014, 06:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadly

My old yellow lab Drake will be 12 this November and his age really started to show last hunting season.  He is an incredible dog and I was able to harvest thirty some birds over him last fall.  He has served me well and it is time for me to now serve him in his age.  With that said I started looking for a new pup and searching breeders about the first of the year.  The new pup Torah will be five months in August.  I've had him about six weeks now and I think he is going to make the cut.  I put him on a quail and held a nice point for about thirty seconds.  He loves the water and hits it very hard for retrieves.

Tail Feathers

Definitely not afraid of the water is he?

Good lucking dog there. :icon_thumright:  I hope you two enjoy many years of hunting together.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

slamman

nice looking pup good luck with him.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Nice looking pup - love that enthusiasm.

owlhoot

looks like he gets right after it!

tomstopper

chadly

Thanks guys.  I forgot how much fun and work it is to have a puppy around.  He will chew any and everything he can.  It's what labs do.  With my old dog I had a daily training schedule.  However I had no children at the time.  Now with four children I don't have the time to train every day.  However I do make it a point to take him somewhere 3 times a week and work with him.  Last night I introduce him to the .22 bumper launcher.  He loved that and did some really long marks and retrieves.  Both in water and land.  He seems very aggressive on his retrieves land and water.  I wont be able to hunt him this year as he will be too young.  However the next year we will be ready.