turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friend last wish

Started by fallhnt, July 28, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

After a long battle with cancer my turkey hunting buddy passed on saturday. We did get him to a spring hunt but with the late spring it just didn't happen. He also went to see his last Cardnal game and last month he went bowfishing with me. I shot 1 fish on that trip and he sat in the back of the boat until 3a.m. He got tired and wanted to sleep in the truck but I suggested we cal lit a night. On the way down he told me I was the man in charge of his ashes/last wish. He wants to be loaded up in different shot shells and used to kill animals on our hunts. It's been 25 years sense I've even seen a shell loaded and I have no equepment. I will make this happen but I need advice. Can I open the end of the shells and take out some shot and add him to it as a buffer,we talked about this, and recrimp shells as best I can?
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

d.winsor

It would be pretty hard to open up crimped shells and then re-crimp them to hold shot and ashes.  What you can do is buy a Lee Loader, it is relatively cheap, Get a reloading manual and select a hunting load, then buy your components, Hulls, wads, primers, shot (#5 shot) and Powder.  If you select a 1 1/8 Oz hunting load you could put a 1 oz shot bushing in and fill the rest with your buddies ashes.  you might experience a little more trouble taking game.  If you wanted to try opening up shells first, the Lee Loader would be able to recrimp them.  How good the crimp would be don't know.  If that didn't work you could take the information above and get it done.  Also no one is going to tell you this is safe, I am sure no shotshell Mfg. would recommend it.  I can't tell you if it is safe so to do anything like this would be at your own risk.