OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Hunting Terrain?

Started by El Pavo Grande, July 04, 2014, 01:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Big timber, be it bottoms, flats, or ridges. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tail Feathers

All of 'em! :icon_thumright:

Those hills kick my flatlander behind but I love a hardwood ridge.  Truth be told, I have never hunted turkeys where I wouldn't go back. :z-twocents:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Bigspurs68

I do love it all but sadly I love the hills that nobody wants to climb. Just in my blood I guess. Iv tried to quit em but they own me.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

firstflight111

River bottoms has to be my favorite .then big open fields .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

gwa

Most anywhere the turkeys are...
That being said
I hope he is on the same side of the creek that I am on
I would rather start out above him than below, nothing worse than getting to the bottom only to hear him gobble back up at the top.....
As I mature, my baton death marches are definitely on the decline. Closer is better.

Denny

WildTigerTrout

Hardwood ridges in "Big Woods"
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Kywoodsman

River Bottoms for me. That's where I do the majority of my hunting and I just love to hear a river bank full of trees come alive at daylight with turkeys gobbling.

PALongspur

My passion lies in the big mountains of north central PA. Hands down my favorite place to chase a gobble!

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: PALongspur on July 06, 2014, 09:49:10 PM
My passion lies in the big mountains of north central PA. Hands down my favorite place to chase a gobble!
I will second that!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

American Strutter

IMO, nothing beats an Eastern gobbling on a crisp cool morning in a hardwood bottom. After you have had your thermacell turned on of course.

SpitNDrumN

I grew up hunting and live in the Alleghany Highlands of Va. so of coarse I'm going to say hardwoods ridges and steep mountains of Virginia. The ridges of Kentucky are awesome as well. West Virginia to.

davisd9

Hard to give just one answer.  I love creek bottoms, river bottoms, swamps, and any old, big growth timber! 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

alclark2

I'll go with creek bottoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish