turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Father's Day present

Started by Sixes, June 15, 2014, 08:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

Been lurking here for awhile, so I thought this would be a worthy first thread on here.

Around Mother's Day, my 11 year old daught asked what I wanted for Father's Day and I jokingly told her that I wanted a trumpet call from Billy Buice and didn't think much more about it.She asked me again a couple weeks back and I told her the same thing., but again, I didn't think much about it and she kept telling me that she was getting me cologne (which she knew I would hate).

Lo and behold, I woke up today and was given a gift bag (in which I was expecting a new watch), but in the bottom of the bag, rolled up in tissue was this stabilized buckeye trumpet from Mr. Buice with 2 screw on mouth  pieces.

When my wife found out that Mr. Buice only lived a few miles from us, she got in touch with him and visited his shop with my daughter and came back with one of his works of art. My daughter hand picked the one that she thought I would like. She liked the "camo" look of the wood.

He told my wife that if I wanted to trade it out, that I would be more than welcome to come by and pick out something else, but this is a call that will forever reside with me and be considered priceless.

I give kudos to my wife for going all out and truly surprising me with something that she knows nothing about and thanks to Mr. Buice, with whom my wife referred to as really, really nice man that took the time and patience with her to pick out the call.

Anyway, here is the call!

West Augusta

That is a beautiful trumpet.  Congrats
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

outdoors

THATS A  A W E S O M E  GIFT   :turkey2:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

boatpaddle

Beautiful gift... :icon_thumright:

You have keepers in all three.....Wife, daughter, and that trumpet....Congrats..
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

callmakerman

There's no way you could do any better than one of Billy's great trumpets. The Mrs. and your daughter did real good.

SCGobbler

I have to ask, what wood is that?  Mr. Billy makes a fine fine trumpet!  I know that one will have all kinds of turkey in it.
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Sixes

Quote from: SCGobbler on June 15, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
I have to ask, what wood is that?  Mr. Billy makes a fine fine trumpet!  I know that one will have all kinds of turkey in it.

Stabilized buckeye burl

hunter22

Hard to imagine a gift any better than that from your daughter and wife. Billy is a class act and makes a mighty fine trumpet. Congrats...

sixbird

Trumpet aside, that's beautiful that your Daughter actually listened and cared enough to go to the effort to honor you on your day...Touching...

slicksbeagles1

Congratulations on such a wonderful family and such a great gift

TRKYHTR

Thats beautiful. Congrats,
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Crawdad

Congrats on a wonderful Fathers day gift & a beautiful Trumpet.

BowBendr

That's a beautiful gift, hope you call in many a bird with it !

The Cohutta Strutter

You said it, priceless! Thanks for sharing that. Strutter...
Anybody seen America lately?

Sixes

Thanks for all the great comments. I let my daughter read them all and she was grinning from ear to ear! :happy0064: