turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Pop-Up Blind?

Started by RAY, June 09, 2014, 12:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

What's your favorite Pop-Up Blind for turkey hunting?

SinGin

Double Bull T-5 before Primos bought them out

RAY

Did Primos "china-out" their blinds that bad?

SinGin

Doubl Bull Chined them out long before then. I have heard qualitly went down after Primos bought them out all though I have no first hand experience, just hearsay.

firstflight111

Double bull double wide ,Is a great blind fast set up .I had the dark horse for about a year, then someone stole it out of my back yard .them went to the double wide, there still a great blind .no need to brush it in you can set it up where ever you want, does NOT spook game, no shine to it at all ,

we have taking many turkeys out of it .the deer walk right up to it

for me I will pay the money for a great blind ,

Sent from my C811 4G

CUPPED AND COMMITTED

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

MACHINIST

Look at luckys hunting blinds,I think they will be my next blind.I have never been a blind hunter but this year I had to have one for my daugther and I bought a barronett big mike and its a great blind for the cash!!

Tail Feathers

For ease of use and price, the Ameristep Doghouse.

Spring steel, folds to about 3"X 2' circle and comes with a carrying pack.  Weighs 8 pounds I think it said?  It's easy to carry and not heavy.  Simple and effective...but I've only used one for deer hunting.
Can be bought in Realtree Green on Ebay today for $39 with free shipping.
About to pull trigger on one now.

ETA:  It weighs 14 pounds.  Feels lighter.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ameristep-1RX2S010-Dog-house-Spring-Steel-Ground-Hunting-Blind-RTXR-/360950536898?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item540a541ac2
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RMK

chadly

I have the Ameristep Doghouse.  Its great for if you plan to pack it up every time.  Light and very quick to set up of take down.  Not real good in high wind but neither is turkey hunting.  It's bit on the small side if you plan to bow hunt out of it. 

Tail Feathers

Chadly is right, it would be smallish for bowhunting.  I can fit me and a grandson in for gun hunting deer.  I set it up and brush it in good just before season and leave it out two months.  Mine never leaked.  After four or five seasons the zippers started going so the grandkids got it to play in and I've ordered another.  It's not a premium blind but it's darn good for the price.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Bigspurs68

Double bull double wide. Just check it out good before you take it to the woods. I got one that was junk last year off a internet site. I send it back and got one at cabelas. That one is nice. Had a double bull matrix 360 before and I like the double wide better.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

jblackburn

best one I ever hunted in was a primos dark horse, but they are spendy.

I have a $90 Baronett blind I picked up from a farm supply store a couple years ago that works just as well.  I don't use a blind enough to justify a double bull.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

owlhoot

Hunters view, cloth no vinyl shine or noise, no black interior, skyline apparition camo looks like a hay bale, spring style , no hubs. lightweight and very quiet setup. Gave about 50 -60 bucks , but  10 years back.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

We use blinds for the handicap kids and elderly that we take.

There are no comparisons to the Rhino xp-1 or the Primos Darkhorse. They are constructed of the best material and they are the most durable.  Their window system is also the finest of all the options.

Not a fan of adults hunting out of ground blinds.... But ill stop with that.