only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Those of you that hunt many states each spring

Started by Bigspurs68, June 04, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Bigspurs68

Just trying to figure out what jobs afford the means and opportunity to hunt as many states as some do.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

guesswho

I'm a Gigolo.  I'm not very good at it so I have plenty of free time.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

Spring Creek Calls

I'm retired, so that affords me the time. My call money goes into a savings account for my spring and fall hunting trips
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

AndyH

Lineman. Wish I had more vacation time though so I could hunt a few more states

West Augusta

I have 20 days vacation and 3 personal days.  I get another week in a year and a half.  :blob10: :blob10: :blob10:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

FL-Boss

Self employed. You can do whatever you feel like.

n2deer

Probably most of us dont make much more than average. We just make it a priority during the season to hunt. LOL

I work in a steel mill, work 4 on/4 off schedule. With 3 weeks and a day vacation. Not enough but it will do. ;D

Bigspurs68

I hunt at least 3 states each spring and usually every day for 5 weeks between Ohio and West Virginia. I have a very understanding wife and kids that love to turkey hunt, so it's just the way we roll. By the end of each spring, we are usually just scraping by. My last job was at a aluminum smelter, which recently shut down. I'd work straight afternoons there during season and burn all my vacation days to hunt states further away.
  Now that the plant is shut down, I'm kind of free to explore my options. Obviously I need to support my family but I also need to turkey hunt. That is why I asked the origonal question. Just thought I may get a great job idea from someone. I'm taking some classes now but I know most jobs in my area aren't made for a turkey hunting nut.
  Over the years I have worked many jobs so that I could be in the woods every spring. Everything from cutting timber to being a correctional officer at a W.Va prison.
  Keep em coming, it's interesting.

DirtNap647

Dearhunter3450

Looking to hunt Wyoming next spring. Spending some time in Gillette this fall and will be doing some turkey recon. If anyone has any hooks out there let me know lol!

Deputy Sheriff and will be retired in 8 years and 4 months at 49 yrs old but who is counting lol!!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I'm a glorified babysitter. Work a lot of comp time hours throughout the rest of the year to allow me the freedom to hunt as much as I want in whichever states I want each spring.
This year was Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, Kansas and New York....

I'm 29 years old and I don't have a wife or kids.  Hunting is my greatest priority in life and I maximize each season Im blessed to experience. None of us know how many or how few we really have.

vaturkey

Vaturkey