turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hunting Trip/ Family Vacation

Started by Gooserbat, June 02, 2014, 03:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Any suggestions?  Now I'm looking for something that's either Turkey or Bowhunting for 2015 after school is out.

I've thought Hawaii but my bunch ain't fans of flying. Maybe San Antonio TX area hogs and javalina, or My wife has family south of Fairbanks and I have an open invite to come and go hunting for either black bear or moose and the spring bear sounds like a good trip that will still keep Moma happy but man it's a long way.  Any other ideas. A road trip to Alaska is doable but Google says 69 hours of drive time...in other words 4.5 days from my house to theirs.   Is there any thing around the great lakes that would work for a turkey trip or archery/muzelloader spring bear?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Beard Collecter

What about a combo Disney World/Osceola Turkey/Hog Hunt!! That's what I am working on now!!

Gooserbat

Quote from: Beard Collecter on June 02, 2014, 03:12:59 PM
What about a combo Disney World/Osceola Turkey/Hog Hunt!! That's what I am working on now!!

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot with a Hornady turkey load than go to Orlando, besides my kids will be 14 & 16, they outgrew the Disney thing.

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cphill

Quote from: Gooserbat on June 02, 2014, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: Beard Collecter on June 02, 2014, 03:12:59 PM

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot with a Hornady turkey load than go to Orlando, besides my kids will be 14 & 16, they outgrew the Disney thing.
Lmao I thought the same thing

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

MACHINIST

Nothing to hunt in NY after school is done,great fishing if you wanted to do a salmon trip I have a few friends that run a charter.And then you can stay in the adirondack mountain area.Let me know if you want any info