turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Russell boots

Started by savduck, June 01, 2014, 12:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

How water proof are the snake boot versions of Russells. Also when measuring did you account for tucking your pants legs into the boots or do they adjust for that already. Do you recommend the steel shank?

Thinking about saving up and getting a pair. Just want get it right because of the $$$$$
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

We need to get a pair now, Del. While we still have enough years to make them worthwhile. I have never heard a bad word about them.

jmck

Only had mine one year so far ... Waterproof so far a great-keeping the oiled up with Obenauf's really good !! Didn't get the steel shanks though. Also- when I measured , I did not allow for pants legs tucked in the boot - they are made to lace up closed off so there is room still.
Really seems to be a great pair of boots- I hunt a lot and other boots have just not held up for me over the past- hoping these do- really look to be made to last

gaswamp

talk with Nitro or Lf cox as they both are Russell enthusiast.  I love em too just don't own the specific pair you are speaking of.

savduck

Quote from: gaswamp on June 01, 2014, 09:23:05 AM
talk with Nitro or Lf cox as they both are Russell enthusiast.  I love em too just don't on the specific pair you are speaking of.

I texted Andy last night about them. Was gonna post over on old masters this morning to ask Frank.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on June 01, 2014, 12:15:21 AM
We need to get a pair now, Del. While we still have enough years to make them worthwhile. I have never heard a bad word about them.

Me either D. Ive heard great things for years bout them. Wore out another pair of Rockies this season.
Georgia Boy

sippy cup

I have had a pair since early 90s they are not waterproof but if you use what they say to on the leathers they be resistant to water but my feet still get damp i just got the ultimate boots with turtle skin they are a Little better but get ready to shell out 575 bucks for them
beware of longdale legend

Bigspurs68

My experience with them was a nightmare. Sent back the first two times because they were not made to the correct measurements, another time because they leaked immediately in water and a final return for my money back when I recieved the same pair with stuff smeared on the stitching. I can wear out a pair of danners every spring and be much happier.
  I'm sure my case is not normal but it sealed the deal for me.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

n2deer

Del did you decide to get some? Its been on my mind lately also. I hate going through a pair every year or two.

savduck

Not yet. Got some saving up to do first.
Georgia Boy

J. Adams

I had a pair I wore a little, mine were never comfortable to me and I sold them on here last year.

I wore the Irish Setter vaprteks a bit this spring, they are comfy and light, I may sell them too though, I am not a big snake boot guy and I always seem to reach for my old lacrosse knee boots.

jbrown

Del, I had a pair yrs ago, mine leaked after the first yr, mine was all leather and heavy as hel. I like my Danner and cheap rocky's better.

GSLAM95

I didn't get mine until April 20th but I wore them almost every day from then until May 11th.  I was measured by their folks at the NWTF convention Russell booth in both 2013 and 14.  I am not sold on them at this point as they were VERY tight in the ankle and foot area.  I called them and asked them if they could have sent me someone else's boot as they were that uncomfortably tight.  They said they just needed broken in and if I had blisters they had to be loose to rub the blisters on my feet and ankles.  I know they are not loose as they are the hardest damn boots I have ever had to put on my feet even when totally un-laced.  Got them wet and walked them dry several times and they are still not any better and my foot hangs over the sole on both sides of each boot. 
I just mailed them back yesterday letting them know what areas were rubbing and I took pictures of my feet to show them.
One of the soles is already coming loose on the heel also.  I will give them a chance to correct it but if it's not taken care of it will be my first and last pair!  When they do the measuring you would think the boots would be perfect.
I noticed on the inside of the tongue the shoe size was 8 1/2.  When I told the guy on the phone at Russell that I wear a 9.5 or 10 in most shoes he said "don't go by what you wear and I know these measurements are right".
I spent the money on these boots because of what I have been told by others in the past and I usually can not get but 2 seasons out of a pair of boots.  Hopefully they will make it right...

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

savduck

Sounds like I may be getting some Danners
Georgia Boy

M Sharpe

Del, I heard that the insulated Danners are the best as far as not leaking. I will be getting a pair of Danners before next spring. I bought a pair of Rockies a few years back, wore them one season and when the next seaon rolled around, the sole came loose on opening day. Rocky doesn't want to stand behind their product! They're rude as well. Was the time, back when they were predominately a boot company, they would have taken them back. But times have changed!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!