OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF II and FF III on 336 mount?

Started by Shoebuck, May 22, 2014, 03:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoebuck

I am new to the forum and this is my first post.  I recently ordered a Benelli M2 12 Ga. that will be my designated turkey gun next spring.  I have never had a red dot, but I am considering putting one on this gun.  I see a lot of the Burris FF II and FF III on this forum and I am looking for any and all input on the on the sights and on using the 336 mount.  All info will be appreciated, Thanks

CrustyRusty

FF3 has battery compartment on top and easily accessible, adjustments for w/e easier so that would be my choice, and was actually.  I got the 8 moa sight.

alloutdoors

This one's a 20ga, but this is my M2 with FF3 and 336 mount.

For the price difference between the two I would just go with the FF3 for the easier battery access. It's a great setup, very low profile.

CrustyRusty

Does the 336 base fit the screw pattern on the benelli, thanks

Quote from: alloutdoors on May 22, 2014, 07:30:47 PM
This one's a 20ga, but this is my M2 with FF3 and 336 mount.

For the price difference between the two I would just go with the FF3 for the easier battery access. It's a great setup, very low profile.

alloutdoors

The Benelli doesn't come drilled and tapped, so I had it done to match the 336 base.

d.winsor

The fastfire 3 has a 10,000 hour battery life, it also has a lifetime warranty as of jan 1, 2014, Also check out this link it will tell you about the fastfire 3 and fastfire 2, also the fastfire 3 has a low battery indicator, the red dot will blink 2 times every 5 seconds and you have about 4 hours of battery life.  That is when you use your spare to change the battery.
http://burrisoptics.com/fastfire.html     

srmturk

I use my Benelli SBE II for turkey but also grouse hunting. If I mount a Burris FF III do I essentially now have a permanent turkey gun or are they easy to pop off and replace?

d.winsor

Quote from: srmturk on May 25, 2014, 08:36:09 AM
I use my Benelli SBE II for turkey but also grouse hunting. If I mount a Burris FF III do I essentially now have a permanent turkey gun or are they easy to pop off and replace?

Don't pop it off, use it.  It will be great for grouse hunting.  Use it with both eyes open, will be fast and deadly, slip in a modified choke and use 2 3/4 inch shells.  As far as taking it off I would say it could be done in less than 60 seconds.  I would just make sure to shoot one turkey load before season after you put it back on, to see if it is still on target.

the Ward

If your m2 comes drilled and tapped from the factory you can use a warne 2 piece base and use either the front or rear base depending where you want the sight to be on the receiver. The warne base is the lowest profile weaver style base you can use with the weaver/picatinny mount that attaches to the ff2-3. Then you can remove the sight like you would a scope, leaving the warne base on the gun. The 336 base is the lowest profile option, but you will have to re-drill it or the gun as the bolt pattern won't match up to the benelli factory holes. I just did this to a 336 mount so it would fit on my factory drilled and tapped Vinci. I used the forward 2 mount holes on the receiver, used one of the existing holes in the 336 mount and drilled another hole in the 336 mount using an old weaver mount as a template. Came out fine, but be aware that the 336 mount uses cone head torx screws and the hole you drill must be chamfered/ countersunk correctly to locate it properly. A drill bit doesn't work right as its the wrong angle, so I found a countersink bit at the hardware store that was close enough to the angle of the screw to work correctly. Hope this helps.  ward

srmturk

Quote from: d.winsor on May 25, 2014, 08:50:05 AM
Quote from: srmturk on May 25, 2014, 08:36:09 AM

Don't pop it off, use it.  It will be great for grouse hunting.  Use it with both eyes open, will be fast and deadly, slip in a modified choke and use 2 3/4 inch shells.  As far as taking it off I would say it could be done in less than 60 seconds.  I would just make sure to shoot one turkey load before season after you put it back on, to see if it is still on target.
Guess I never thought of that!  Interesting and thanks