turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

a very special turkey call.....

Started by bowhunter84, March 17, 2011, 05:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter84

as some of you may know i lost my dad on april 19, 2008. he was a very special man. he was my best friend,my favorite hunting partner and most importantly the best dad anyone could ever have. i have called him "Pops" for as long as i can remember. he passed his love for the outdoors down to me and taught me everything he knew. he was an avid deer hunter but was never a turkey hunter. long story short i called up his first turkey and he killed it a jake. he killed a few after that on his own and loved it.

here is a call i had made in memory of my dad "Pops". 

it was made by stony (fatal attraxion custom calls)

Hognutz

That is a very neat tribute to your father. It will remind you of him everytime you pick it up. What a great idea.. :cross2:Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

guesswho

Thats nice!  I hate that you lost your partner but I'm sure he's with you on every hunt.  Are you planning on using that call, then retiring it to a shelf?
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

barry

Very Nice!!!
I'm sure you bring in some longbeards with it.

drum817

I think it's a VERY fitting tribute....I'm sure your Pops would be honored  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bowhunter84

Quote from: guesswho on March 17, 2011, 06:00:42 PM
Thats nice!  I hate that you lost your partner but I'm sure he's with you on every hunt.  Are you planning on using that call, then retiring it to a shelf?

when i kill a bird with it i will put it up in his gun cabinet behind his old shotgun

guesswho

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 17, 2011, 06:48:07 PM
when i kill a bird with it i will put it up in his gun cabinet behind his old shotgun
Thats exactly what I would do.  I'd probably put the beard and feet in therr with it as well.  Good luck.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

redarrow

Great tribute to a great man. May he rest in peace. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

handcannon

Great tribute to your dad. I'm sure he would have loved it and is smiling from up above.

hookedspur

Quote from: bowhunter84 on March 17, 2011, 06:48:07 PM
Quote from: guesswho on March 17, 2011, 06:00:42 PM

:happy0064: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

spur collector

Basser69

Brother, I cannot say much right now as that call has me a little more than choked up. May your father rest in peace knowing that he gave you more than a gift and love of the game  :jesus-cross:

bbcoach

That is a Beautiful Call!!!!

If that was my call, I would never retire it.  I would have it in my Turkey vest and use it everytime out. That would be my reminder that my Dad is right there with me every Hunt.

I have a Box Call that my Grandfather handmade 40+ years ago and it has a permanent place in my vest.  Everytime I take it out to use it, I see his smiling face and know he is right there beside me.  He was instrumental in teaching me to deer and turkey hunt and fish for rainbows and browns in the Virginia mountains, before he Passed.

What Beautiful Memories!!!!!

turkey slayer

Awesome tribute Im sure he is smiling!! :jesus-cross:

M,Yingling

Quote from: handcannon on March 17, 2011, 08:08:45 PM
Great tribute to your dad. I'm sure he would have loved it and is smiling from up above.

:icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey