turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

cabelas turkey vest question

Started by bigbird, May 19, 2014, 06:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

Has anyone on here used the New tatr vest with the kick stand built in? Curious how good or bad it is. Want a new vest and that ones caught my eye. Had an ol Tom but didn't like it at all. Thanks for any help!

alloutdoors

Which one are you talking about, the MORE (side entry) vest or the Tatr2 with kickstand. I've had both and like both. I'm going to be selling the MORE as I've gone to using a waist pack for most of my hunting this year.

gwa

Tatr 2, Lots of pockets. Quick set-up and go, pretty good.

bigbird

I'm looking at the kick stand model

gwa

bigbird

Thats good to hear, I like the idea of no needing a tree to sit up against. Plus I've heard all kinds of good things about their other vests, I just didn't want to drop a good bit of money in something that wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I hope to get some more good reviews on here about it. thank you

DirtNap647

how much weight does the kickstand add

Tail Feathers

Bump, I'd like to hear about the weight on the vest too.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bghunter777

I have the new Red Head vest my father has he Cabelas and the Red Head is hands down more user friendly. The Cabelas vest does not carry decoys well the seat gets tangled up on a recent hunt he spent precious time when we where running and gunning playing with his vest. My redhead vest is just a better all around design.

Fourcooks

I agree. The Red Head vest is hard to beat.

Tail Feathers

I really like my Redhead Bucklick Creek vest but no padding leaves my old behind wanting  some backrest AND a padded seat.

alloutdoors

I've had the Redhead/Bucklick Creek vest, the seat on the Cabelas vests walks all over it. I think the Cabelas vests are built to a higher quality as well. That said, the Bucklick Creek is a very nice vest.

My Kickstand Tat'r2 weighs in at 4lb 15oz. I pulled the kickstand off and it weighs 1lb 3oz. My Cabelas MORE vest is 2oz heavier, the kickstand is slightly wider on that one which may be the weight difference but I didn't bother to pull the kickstand off that one and weigh it on its own.

Tail Feathers

Thanks.  Just the kind of info I was look for. :icon_thumright:

2much2loud

I have both vests ... The red head bucklick creek has a better self supporting system but I like the pocket design and thick seat on the tactical tater 2 ... I don't care for the kickstand at all

Fourcooks

If I know that I am going to hunt with my decoys all morning and not run n gun I will bring the seat from my Mossy Oak Wal Mart vest and use that along with my Redhead.