OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FFIII or Bushnell Trophy Trs 25

Started by bassassassin99, May 18, 2014, 09:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassassassin99

d.winsor

I would call and see what Burris FF3 warranty is and then I would call and see what Bushnell Trophy Trs 25 warranty is.  With me it would have a lot to do with who had the best warranty.  For instance once a turkey gun is patterned it may only be shot 2 to 8 times a year if you hunt that much, if not probably 1 or 2 times a year.  Of course there are years where one may not shoot at all.  So a long warranty is a plus.

the Ward

I have both and I think they are both great sights. The Bushnell has been on 2 different guns and has been hunted hard and has a lot of 3" 12 gauge and 3.5 10 gauge patterning sessions on it the last 2 years and has held up like a champ. I just got the Burris ff3 and love it also. There are enough info on here to read about the Burris for days, so it speaks for itself. The Burris now has a lifetime warranty, the Bushnell has a 2 year one. You can pick up the Bushnell under $100, the Burris can be had for around $220 with mount.  Still on the same battery the Trs-25 came with so battery life is good. The lens covers are easy to loose and I did just that. I have heard the Scope-Coat for a Aimpoint micro is a perfect fit so I am going to get one as a replacement for the lens covers. I don't think you can go wrong with either sight.

d.winsor

Quote from: the Ward on May 18, 2014, 06:57:28 PM
I have both and I think they are both great sights. The Bushnell has been on 2 different guns and has been hunted hard and has a lot of 3" 12 gauge and 3.5 10 gauge patterning sessions on it the last 2 years and has held up like a champ. I just got the Burris ff3 and love it also. There are enough info on here to read about the Burris for days, so it speaks for itself. The Burris now has a lifetime warranty, the Bushnell has a 2 year one. You can pick up the Bushnell under $100, the Burris can be had for around $220 with mount.  Still on the same battery the Trs-25 came with so battery life is good. The lens covers are easy to loose and I did just that. I have heard the Scope-Coat for a Aimpoint micro is a perfect fit so I am going to get one as a replacement for the lens covers. I don't think you can go wrong with either sight.

Can you post back and let us know how the Scope-Coat for a Aimpoint micro works on the Burris Fastfire.

the Ward

The  aimpoint Scopecoat was for the trs-25. I don't know if it will work on a ff3 or not, but I could try it and let you know. Right now the Scopecoats are out of stock and I'm waiting for them to come in so I can order one. I will post up as soon as I can get one.

chatterbox

FFIII. Best sight for the money. Period.

remmy1187

I have both of these and in my opinion you will be good to go with either one.  I personally like the ff3 more but I wouldn't hesitate buying either sight. 

CntrlPA

Quote from: remmy1187 on May 28, 2014, 08:03:17 PM
I have both of these and in my opinion you will be good to go with either one.  I personally like the ff3 more but I wouldn't hesitate buying either sight.

I agree. I have both  and like both but would pick the FFIII if it came down to it.