turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey nest

Started by MACHINIST, May 17, 2014, 05:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MACHINIST

I found a turkey nest a few weeks back,I took a pic from around 20-25 foot away from it and left.I went back to look at the nest and I see no signs of any hen going in or out.I know I had a turkey get killed around the same time because the farmer saw a coyote with a turkey in its mouth about 300 yards from the nest.I am not sure if its the turkey that owns the nest or not.If it is will the eggs hatch without the hen there?Will another hen take the nest over?

troutfisher13111

Machinist, I am about 99.9% sure that the answer to both questions is no.

This makes me hate yotes even more!!

WV TURKEY THUG

no the eggs will not hatch u will need to put them in a inncubator for them to hatch now. watch the life of a turkey i thinks thats the name of the movie its a good one

WV TURKEY THUG

u are the only person that can help the little guys now they will die without u. i heard turkey eggs are better than chicken also jk lol dang yote hope it choked on a bone and died

troutfisher13111

If they haven't been sat on regularly I believe they are beyond help.

WV TURKEY THUG

Quote from: Terry on May 17, 2014, 06:07:15 PM
If they haven't been sat on regularly I believe they are beyond help.
u r correct they might be done for already

MACHINIST

Yes I am the only one that can help,I cannot take all these eggs through the life stage either as I don't live in the country and then my daughter would want to keep them all also.

troutfisher13111

You would look pretty funny regurgitating into a turkey poults mouth :))

WV TURKEY THUG

come on a few turkeys around the house wouldnt hurt. they could roost on ur head board of ur bed. :P

MACHINIST

HAHA yea the wife would love that!!

Snoodsniper

In my experience with hatching eggs you could  possibly get some of them to hatch.  That's if you can get them in an incubator soon. They will be OK for a week or two if the incubation process hasn't started. More than likely it has so it's hard to say what will happen. You can candle them to see how far along they are.... not sure what the game commission would say about it though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

WV TURKEY THUG

the gw will kill them. i knew a guy who had a pet deer for atleast a couple of years. gw got word of it he came and shot it and took it idk why it wasnt hurting anyone. that deer was so nice it loved everyone it was doe. rip bella

owlhoot

Few turks around the house could really help in practicing with the calls. :morning:

WV TURKEY THUG

i was thinking the same thing owl hoot he would be a master in a year or so

owlhoot

Ya , i need to get some, could really use the help with these trumpets :)