OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Well, bringing the wife out for the first time this turkey season in the am.

Started by cajun1085, May 16, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajun1085

I know its a little late in the season, but finally getting a chance to bring her out. Better late than never, hope she can arrow one! Wish us luck fellas!

Dtrkyman

Good luck, keep in mind it is likely you care more about her killing a bird than she does, that is how it is with my wife anyway, I call her a fair weather Turkey hunter, she killed her first with a bow last year but hardly hunted this year due to nasty weather. 

tomstopper

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

RutnNStrutn

cajun1085

No luck Saturday, but She is taking off work tomorrow am! We going again!

tomstopper

Good luck. I will be taking my nephew out here in PA as well. Lets hope for an awesome day for all of us hunting tomorrow....

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

cajun1085

Well, No gobbling on the roost. About 0630, I had a bird answer me, but he was far. I shut up for a bit then called again. He was getting closer and closer and closer. He must have gobbled 20+ times then shut up. I started purring on my slate and he fired up 50 yards away on a game trail he was walking down. All of sudden he look backs and just bugs out of there gobbling his head off. Here comes 4 deer up the same trail. He stays about 75 yards away gobbling for about 5 min while the deer fed in the area, then shuts up and we never see him again. It was definitely an exciting morning shared with my wife!

chadly

cajun1085