OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington Consolidating its Operations

Started by allaboutshooting, May 16, 2014, 08:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Remington made an announcement to its employees yesterday that it is consolidating its operations to Huntsville, Alabama.

This is a portion of the official announcement:

"Earlier today we announced the consolidation of multiple company plants into our Huntsville, Alabama facility. This was a strategic business decision to concentrate our resources into fewer locations and improve manufacturing efficiency and quality. We are working hard to retain as many from the affected facilities as possible.

The plants affected are Advanced Armament Corp, Lawrenceville, Georgia; Montana Rifleman, Kalispell, Montana; TAPCO, Kennesaw, Georgia; LAR Manufacturing, West Jordan, Utah; Para-Ordnance, Pineville, North Carolina; and DPMS, St. Cloud, Minnesota. Additionally, the Bushmaster production and Remington 1911 production lines will also be relocating from Ilion, New York."

This is the second major announcement by a major player in the shooting sports & ammunition production in the last 30 days.

The ATK/Federal announcement followed pretty quickly by this one makes you wonder if there's another shoe yet to drop.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mikejd

Very interesting.
thanks for keeping us informed Clark.

Mike

MACHINIST

The bushmaster moving from Illion isnt a surprise with the SAFE act.

deadbuck

What was the federal/atk announcement?

Old Gobbler

I hope all the affected employees are offered possessions at the new Huntsville Alabama location

With that's said , a prospect of savings by consolidating production plants and distribution to one central location  - think of all the shipping charges they will save on , all the airline tickets to send people all around , and the transit times and delays in production and transportation will be reduced significantly , these will result in significant savings
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

allaboutshooting

Quote from: deadbuck on May 16, 2014, 05:06:05 PM
What was the federal/atk announcement?

ATK is a large multi-national conglomerate. It has merged its aerospace and defence business with Orbital Services, another similar company, to be called "Orbital ATK" and  to concentrate on that portion of its market.

ATK has "spun-off", sporting goods, Federal Premium, Bushnell, Savage Arms, BLACKHAWK!, Primos, Final Approach, Uncle Mike's, Hoppe's, RCBS, Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Champion Targets, Gold Tip Arrows, Weaver Optics, Outers, Bolle, Cebe, and Serengeti,  into a  totally separate company. No name for the new company has been announced.

The 2 companies will now be totally separate entities and headquarted in different parts of the U.S.

The stated benefit to shareholders will be a reduction in personnel and savings of $100,000,000.00 as they streamline operations.

Thanks,
Clark

mspaci

I would personnaly like to thank gov (comrad)cuomo for moving these jobs from Ny. Safe act at its best.  Mike

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mspaci on May 19, 2014, 10:21:29 AM
I would personnaly like to thank gov (comrad)cuomo for moving these jobs from Ny. Safe act at its best.  Mike

Hey Mike,

I understand. One of the horrible parts of this is the number of people who are personally affected by this and other moves to more friendly places. The folks affected are just like us, hard working Americans, who support the right to keep and bear arms.

We must never allow this to become a divisive issue between those of us who hunt, shoot and recognize the importance of the 2nd Amendment, regardless of where we live.

Many of us are, unfortunately, live in states where the majority of the population is in large cities. That's true of Illinois where about 90% of the population is in Cook County (Chicago) and the counties that surround it. In Southern Illinois where I live, almost everyone owns guns, hunts and supports the right to keep and bear arms but unfortunately, when it comes to voters, we don't carry much weight.

Our current governor only carried 4 of 102 counties in Illinois but won the last election.

I know that most of New York, geographically, is rural but that most of the population lives in "the City".

We just need to keep up the good fight and try to elect folks to the senate and house who reflect our values.

Thanks,
Clark

bigbird

I feel for you guys that live in states like that. I lived in Southern Illinois for 2 years while working on a new power house project and I can't say enough nice things about it or the people I met down there, but you don't have to be a genius to know that peoples ideals,morals and other beliefs are different in those regions. they should have to change something politically to give us 'rural' folks some representation! Whats good for the city isn't good for the country folks. And if more people could carry guns in some of those larger cities some of those punks might think twice before doing some of the things they do!