OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dot or Scope?

Started by bassassassin99, May 15, 2014, 08:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassassassin99

Which one do you prefer?

DirtNap647

d.winsor

red dot for turkeys and small game

cphill

Red dot

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

chatterbox

Red dot. Preferably a Burris FFII or FFIII.

Gumby

Red dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassassassin99

outdoors

RED DOT , I LIKE 4#
WHEN I AIM AT , I LIKE TO SEE THE HEAD AND NOT COVER IT UP .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

grayfox

beagler

I have three red dots, 2 Aimpoint 9000SC's and a Burris FF III.
Never Misses

mikejd

Red dot. Just keep extra batteries on you. Nothing like picking up your gun to find out that your dot is bye bye.

MACHINIST

Quote from: mikejd on May 15, 2014, 09:05:07 PM
Red dot. Just keep extra batteries on you. Nothing like picking up your gun to find out that your dot is bye bye.

Thats what scares me about a red dot.Easy insurance though to have a backup battery.Do you guys change out your batteries every year?Another concern is turning it on when its go time only to find out that the bead dies when you have a turkey committed to coming in,WTF do you do then?!HAHA

WildSpur

Well most red dots have easy battery replacement now.  My ff2 is a different story.  If my battery dies in the field on me I am unscrewing the sight off with the allen key and using my open sights.  Keep in mind your battery should last thousands of hours.  Imo the only advantage to a scope is the extra magnification.

I was replacing my ff2 battery every year but am going to stop doing this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

the Ward

Red dot all the way!! I currently have a Bushnell trs-25,Burris ff3 and love them both. The Burris has finally dethroned the trs as my new favorite however!    :z-guntootsmiley:

Spurcollecta

Most people like a red dot better but I'm not one of them. I prefer my Nikon turkey pro over my Burris FF3. Different strokes for different folks....