OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VA Turkey comes to PA to hunt with Rem Man WITH STORY UPDATE!!!

Started by Rem Man, May 13, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rem Man

I met VA Turkey on this website and he came to PAg to hunt with me.  I shot one yesterday and he shot a monster today!!  Check out the picture of mine!

Rem Man

Rem Man

We were on the birds; I shot mine Monday and he shot his Tuesday.  Mine was shot with an 1187 Greenleaf IC 665 3 inch mag blend at a yardage I won't disclose.  Ricky's was shot with SBE 2 3 1/2 inch Fed Hw 6 at a distance we really can't disclose.  He was shot on a gas line so use your imagination! 

tomstopper

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Rem Man on May 13, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
We were on the birds; I shot mine Monday and he shot his Tuesday.  Mine was shot with an 1187 Greenleaf IC 665 3 inch mag blend at a yardage I won't disclose.  Ricky's was shot with SBE 2 3 1/2 inch Fed Hw 6 at a distance we really can't disclose.  He was shot on a gas line so use your imagination!

My guess is 6.325ft and 11.1yds  :turkey2:

Congrats on the birds boys! same as archery, know your equipment, know your skill, and the energy required there is no magic number
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cphill

Congrats to both of yall

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

boomer

WildSpur

Good job!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

captin_hook

Way to go. What county in pa were you guys hunting in?

Rem Man

Cambria county, we had birds going out of their minds everyday!! Va turkey is a great turkey hunter to say the least!!! Definitely a veteran turkey hunter!!

beagler

Never Misses

hunter-b

Rem Man

Hello guys i thought i would tell you guys about mine and Ricky's hunt. I met Ricky on this website about one year ago through some trades etc. I loved talking to him and we talked about 2-3 times a week over the phone about family hunting and just life. I knew that Ricky was a stand up man though never meeting him in person. I have a great hunting area that is posted that my friend owns and actually only 2-3 people turkey hunt it! I asked Ricky one day on the phone if he wanted to come up and hunt with me. Ricky got back about 2 days later and we made plans. I am a police officer and got lucky enough to make a schedule change. I met Ricky at a near by store on Sun afternoon, it was mothers day and my family was in, after talking to Ricky for 5 minutes i knew that we were going to hit it off. We went to my mother and fathers for dinner and hung out. We all talked and laughed liked we knew each other for years. I have 3 little children Lillian 9 Hunter 7 and Emma 4 THEY LOVED HIM!!! Ricky and i went to my spot and after a couple owl hoots GOBBLE GOBBLE!!! 4-5 gobblers about 200 yards away i looked at Ricky and we both had a smile from ear to ear! Mon morning we got set up and some deer messed us up but the birds hit the ground and nothing. Ricky asked do you sit or run and gun? I said i usually run and gun, I could tell very quickly that Ricky was an experienced hunter so i tried his method. I set the Avain Lookout Hen on a logging road that i have been seeing them on, after some calls and about 1 hour i see a big red /white head in the ferns. I said RICKY GOBBLER DON'T MOVE!!! well the gobbler starts to walk away and BOOM!!!! the Old School 1187 Greenleaf and 3 inch Mag Blends POUND HIM!!! WE high fived and a big hug it was awesome! The next day We were back out but my friends girlfriend wanted to go, so i set Ricky up and we went to another spot.

I had 4 gobblers going and she missed a jake at about 30 yards. I said lets walk towards Ricky, at about 9:43 we hear BOOM!!!! I said yes that was Ricky. Well my cell phone rings and he said Dude i just hammered a monster with 3 beards!! I said im on my way. I run 12-15 miles a day and i made it about 1/4 mile in 20 seconds LOL! I walked up and Ricky got this bird by his feet. I high fived him and i think hugged the life out of him. The bird was unreal!!! 3 beards two 9 inch and 1 6 inch!!!! We had a great day! well Ricky was in for 2 more days so we took the young lady back out and came close!!! and hung out for 2 days talking and shooting shotguns, Ricky even got to shoot an AR! he loved it! Well today Ricky left and i have to admit it was kind of heart warming, My daughter and other 2 just loved him! My family and wife just loved his company. I just want to end in saying i am truly blessed to have met Ricky and have a friend like him he is one of a kind! I hope we do it every year!!!  Ricky is an excellent hunter and caller!!!!!! I am a blessed man thank you lord! and thanks for reading.   (IF Ricky lived by me the turkeys would be in serious trouble!!!!)