OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FF3 and original SBE1

Started by Roost 1, May 11, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Considering getting the FF3 and am wondering what is the best way to mount it.. I want it as low as possible and I do have the steady grip stock on my SBE. My receiver/barrel is not drilled and I am not exactly sure if it can be.. I am hoping someone on here has been done this road before and will be willing to share some info.... Thanks in advance for any info.

Ridge Rooster

Done exactly what your talking about doing this past winter, prior to turkey season, to my SBE. I sent mine to Rob Roberts to have him drill/tap my receiver. he does work for Benelli and I figured that he would have the most experience with Benelli's. While he had it I had him do a trigger job on it also, just sent him my SBE2 Steady Grip for a trigger job because I was impressed with the outcome of the SBE's trigger. Anyway, I also purchased a 336 base that I sent along with gun so he could match the screw pattern. The 336 base is the lowest option you have other than the Speed Bead mount which I do not think will work with the SBE, but I could be wrong. You will also want the protector, which is a protective addition that will keep your lens and sight from getting damaged. Will only raise it a 1/16" or so. I also added a stick on God O Grip shotgun wedge to raise my eye just a little and help prevent cheek slap. Really didn't have to add it but it does seem a little more comfortable. Made an awesome turkey slaying machine that I don't think can be improved on. JMO.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

BOFF

I just had my SBEI drilled and tapped for a Weaver 93 mount, as I liked the idea of 4 mounting points, vs 2 with the marlin base. I would guess a  Weaver Top Mount Base - #16 would work as well as it is just half of the 93.

I haven't used it a lot, to actually give you a longevity report, as it is my secondary gun.

God Bless,
David B.

mudhen

Weaver 93 for me, works fine, and allows for many options....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka