turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recoil pad

Started by troutfisher13111, May 11, 2014, 03:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

I have a Rem 870 supermag and shoot hevi 3-1/2" magblends. I have always considered myself to be unaffected by recoil, but this gun can be brutal after a few rounds. Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket recoil pad that will help?

ccleroy

Those new supercell pads are nice. That's what I run on my 870 and I love it. I would suggest either that or a kick ezz.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Terry on May 11, 2014, 03:52:45 PM
I have a Rem 870 supermag and shoot hevi 3-1/2" magblends. I have always considered myself to be unaffected by recoil, but this gun can be brutal after a few rounds. Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for an aftermarket recoil pad that will help?
The Limbsaver is very hard to beat. I like the slip-on models because I can take them off if I use the gun when I'm wearing a lot of clothing which helps with recoil or put them on for bench work or when I'm more lightly dressed. They also help if you need a bit more LOP.

They also make replacement models and many times I replace the factory pad with put one of those.

The Remington SuperCell pad is also good. If you have a newer synthetic stock that should work well. Remington wooden stocks can have different dimensions however.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

L.F. Cox

I've got a HI-Vis recoil pad on my SBE...I wore out a Limb Saver. Hard rubber base cracked down on the toe of stock.

The recoil from a 3 & 1/2" 12 ga. is brutal. I think it surpasses a .458 Win Mag in recoil.....before this spring was out I started wearing my Past recoil shield under my shirt.

Huntaholic

Another vote for either the simms limbsaver pad or a remington R3 pad. The R3 is the same as a simms btw.

d.winsor

You might want to look into a past shooting pad.  I have had one since 1995 and use it everytime I pattern a Turkey gun, takes the sting out of it.  Google it as past shooting pad and you will get a lot of information.  Good Luck

hunter22

I am on my second Limbsaver pad on my Benelli SBE. I use KICK EEZ grind-to-fit pads on my BPS 10 gauge and my two BPS 12 gauges.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

troutfisher13111

Is durability an issue with the limbsaver? Two posters have had issues, so this makes me wonder if it's a widespread problem.

Old Gobbler

The r3 remington recoil pads are the softest of the bunch but they tear up easy , when I store my guns I put them muzzle down in the safe , cause the weight of my 12 pound sp10 will distort and crack the r3 pad after awhile

The limbsavers are nice , but they get tacky after awhile and pick up all kinds of grit, dirt , hair etc...
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FLINT

I put a slip on limbsaver on my 12 ga slug gun, and i couldn't get it to stay put - it would bend over to the side upon firing - and/or if I held it to tight to my shoulder.

so I bought a grind to fit limbsaver and love it - great pad - works for sure