turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need some Burris FastFireIII help

Started by Yelper, May 10, 2014, 08:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

I just got my fast fire in  and mounted it to the speed bead on my Win SX3 and ran out of down adjustment before the dot would come in line with the front bead. It is still a good ways above the sight and I need info on how to get the red dot down more. Any information would be great to help me solve this problem.

Yelper

sixbird

Unless I don't understand something about the speed bead, I don't think the dot should align with the front bead since the line of sight of the speed bead is above the line of sight of the barrel bead. I have a FF III mounted on a Warne base and when looking through the FF you see the dot and the barrel bead. The dot being above the barrel bead...The only way I know to set them up is to shoot them. I use cheap (if any ammo is cheap these days) #8 low brass to get on target and then, when I'm right on with that, switch to the mortgage buster ammo.

Yelper

I plan to shoot it but my main concern is I have already bottomed out and have no more room to adjust the dot if the gun is shooting high beyond where the dot is now. When looking at the video set up they start with the red dot in line with the front bead as a starting point and adjust from there.  I know I need to take it out and shoot it but wanted to know if others have come across this issue.

d.winsor

Get you a shotshell laser sight adjuster, it is cheap.  You turn it on and load it in your gun like regular ammo, then adjust your read dot to the point that the laser is projected on your wall.   To sight the gun in cheap, set a target 12 yards from you, put a 1" square in the center of it.  Shoot and adjust your sights with 2 3/4" shells to shoot out the 1" square, use as many targets as it takes to shoot out the square.  Then set a 36" x 36" target at 40 yards, with a 1" square in the center of it.  Now shoot and adjust your turkey loads to put the dense part of the pattern over the 1 inch square.  Use as many targets as necessary.  You shouldn't need more than 3 or 4 turkey loads.

FullChoke

All of the red dot devices sight independently, they don't use an alignment of two points like fiber optics. Cranking the elevation of the dot down to the bead on your barrel will put your shot way high. As was stated before, set up a target at 15 yards and adjust your sight to hit the aiming point. Once that's done, set up at a measured 40 yards and fine tune your POA/POI.

Good luck.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Yelper

I plan to do some shooting next week to check the sight. Just watched the video where they say place the red dot on the bead as a starting point but could not get the dot on my bead. Thanks for the info and will post the results of the shots soon.

Yelper

wmahunter

Quote from: Yelper on May 10, 2014, 08:56:46 AM
I plan to shoot it but my main concern is I have already bottomed out and have no more room to adjust the dot if the gun is shooting high beyond where the dot is now. When looking at the video set up they start with the red dot in line with the front bead as a starting point and adjust from there.  I know I need to take it out and shoot it but wanted to know if others have come across this issue.

If the gun shoots high then you will need to move the dot up, not further down. Your thinking is reversed.

Jamey via tapatalk

Yelper

I got it figured out. My speed bead mount came in with the high plate on it and I thought it was part of the mount itself. Sometimes things are not as they appear.

Thanks for the input and now lets go shoot this thing.