OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

remington 870 sps-t

Started by GSP for me, March 17, 2011, 10:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSP for me

I am new to turkey hunting and am thinnking of buying this shotgun to hunt with. Can anyone give me pros or cons before I do buy one . Thanks

LAWRENCE BOY

Pros = its a Remington
Cons= 23" barrel/would rather have a 26"
I have one and love it
:z-guntootsmiley:
Gobble
Gobble

BOOM

va longbeard

Everybody likes different things but I personally love the short barrels as the gun is easier to tote and manuever for shots in tight woods.

For this I am willing to give up better patterns.

I have hunted for over 12 years now with an 870 supermag with a 23 inch barrel and have killed birds at ranges beyond 50 yards and I do not believe that in a hunting situation I need better patterns.

Just bought another 870 and went with a 21 inch barrel that I am setting up for the pattern board and love the way that gun handles.

In my opinion you have a winner and could arque it is the ultimate turkey gun out there!

BigHooks

I also have one an love it, theres nothing about it I dislike.

bowhunter84

:agreed:
Quote from: va longbeard on March 17, 2011, 06:05:39 PM
Everybody likes different things but I personally love the short barrels as the gun is easier to tote and manuever for shots in tight woods.

For this I am willing to give up better patterns.

I have hunted for over 12 years now with an 870 supermag with a 23 inch barrel and have killed birds at ranges beyond 50 yards and I do not believe that in a hunting situation I need better patterns.

Just bought another 870 and went with a 21 inch barrel that I am setting up for the pattern board and love the way that gun handles.

In my opinion you have a winner and could arque it is the ultimate turkey gun out there!

jebs chokes

fine chose of wepon jebs hunting team shoots remingtons go to my web site we are building .I wood love to post your pattern whit this gun.           www.Jebs littlebuck@yahoo.com

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redleg06

You might give up a LITTLE bit in patterns with a shorter barrel but I got the Remington with a 21 inch barrel and found that good chokes like PG, IC and jellyhead will still shoot very very good patterns despite a shorter barrel.

Ive got a couple different turkey guns and decided that the shorter barrel and shurshot stock was going to be my next move and I couldnt be happier.

ltprod

Anybody want to sell one

lowoctane

Excellent choice! Love my Rem Super Mag with 23" barrel! Excellent shooter and toter! Large choice of excellent chokes available. Killed many turkeys with mine! Also have a fully rifled barrel set up with a scope and shoot sabot slugs and kill deer with it as well. I can hunt everything I hunt in MO with this 870!!! Did some trigger work on her and set it at a little over 3 lbs. Buy it and don't look back!!!
:fud:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

WildSpur

I have one now with a shurshot stock.  It's my favorite gun now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

cuppednlocked

I will mirror what others have said.  I love my 870 SM (23" barrel).  Mine is from the first production run that came with the original Advantage camo.  It can certainly do the job.

Turkasaurus

I have one in camo with shurshot stock, turns their toes up way out thar!!   

Benelli Nova or Supernova is a much better shooter for me with a .655 and shooting 3.5" #7 H-13

From what I hear, I would look at a Mossberg in 3.5" and a 28" barrel.
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

870supermagnum

I will also agree with the other's comments on the the 870 SPS-T.  I have an earlier version, without the Sure Shot stock.  I put a recoil reduction Knoxx Camo Spec Ops stock on it and it works great for me.  It's a turkey killer. and it's a Remington.     

:fud:         :newmascot:

Tommythreetoes

Quote from: WildSpur on April 28, 2013, 07:29:05 AM
I have one now with a shurshot stock.  It's my favorite gun now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That right thar.   :z-winnersmiley: