turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What kind of scales do you use?

Started by JVA54, March 16, 2011, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

What kind of scales do you guys use to weight your birds on?
  I never had to take a turkeys picture on a scales before, always when to the local lumber yard and weight them on the scales they weight nails on.
Don't think i can get a very good pic on it.

turkeykiller22 use a digital one.

KYFrid

I use a digital fish scale too. I bought it at Wal Mart for I think around 10 to bucks.

Jay

Quote from: WVFrid on March 17, 2011, 06:41:41 AM
I use a digital fish scale too. I bought it at Wal Mart for I think around 10 to bucks.
That's what I use, works well, accurate, and they are nice to have for fishing anyways.

davisd9

I got this one for pretty cheap at Dick's Sporting Goods.  It only goes up to 25 lbs. but if I kill a bird that weighs more than 25 lbs. then I will dance to the store to get a new one!  :jackson:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Jay

Quote from: davisd9 on March 17, 2011, 05:51:08 PM
I got this one for pretty cheap at Dick's Sporting Goods.  It only goes up to 25 lbs. but if I kill a bird that weighs more than 25 lbs. then I will dance to the store to get a new one!  :jackson:
;D That wouldn't always work for me.

JVA54

I remember my son had bought a digital fish so thought i would just commandeer it. Ask him about it the other day he said yes he had one ,but he had already broke it. ::)    Guess i will have to go to wally world buy one .  Hope they have one, this wal mart in this town i live in has got to be the worst in the world, they don't even have any turkey hunting stuff this year not even a Squealing Hen!! :TooFunny:   All i saw was 6 box's of winchester HV 20s &12s.  last year left overs.