turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 20"/.695 factory/3.5 #5 longbeards

Started by WildSpur, April 28, 2014, 08:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildSpur

Finally got to the range today.  These longbeards are amazing.   At 20 yards they are too tight for me.  At 40 they did 148/10" which is perfect.   I remember 10 years ago I was trying to get 130/10" with #6 lead and now I can exceed that with #5!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

alclark2

That will definitely kill them! Thank for posting this because I have the same gun. I wondered how my factory choke would do with LBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

WildSpur

Glad your happy.  I figured this could be helpful because many never try the factory choke.  This is my "rain" gun and I am shooting Williams fire sights on top.  I am happy with the 40 yard pattern.  It's just too tight for me at 20!  I won't be playing with an aftermarket choke because I am sure it will only make it shoot tighter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

alclark2

Yeah, I still need to pattern the 6s. The 5s were too tight at 20. This is the best part of the LBs IMO, you can turn a factory gun/choke into a darn good 40 yard ethical turkey slayer right out of the box. I was very discouraged when I started hunting and bought this gun 5 years ago. I bought junk ammo and shot my factory choke. The results were terrible. LBs may get better patterns for those who struggle with their pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

beagler

Never Misses

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WyoHunter

Looks like those turkeys are in trouble!    :newmascot:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!