OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Is it too late in the season to build an improvised blind?

Started by vpsalin, April 28, 2014, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vpsalin

Is it too late in the season for me to improvise a blind, like say after lunch when hunting isn't allowed anymore? Would turkeys notice things out of place this late in the game you think or would it be too risky to build since it might cause too much commotion for an area I plan to hunt a lot?

1966 870_WM / 20'' Deer RS / IC .665 / SHURSHOT / 1.75-5x32 Legend HD / LB_XR_3''_#5

Excalibur Micro335 RT / Nikon Bolt XR / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Excalibur Grizzly305 MO / Deadzone / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Bigspurs68

I can pretty well gaurntee you that they won't notice or care. If they ran from brush piles, they'd go crazy. Who's to say a tangle of grapevines wouldn't fall from a tree? Go for it.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

MEbeardlover

I do not believe that turkey's react to their surroundings in this way like deer do. I think it's ok, especially if the blind is natural.

alclark2

I'd say it's not a problem. Some of these guys put a blind in the middle of a field with decoys and kill birds. It blows my mind but they don't seem to be bothered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

jbrown

I"ve built nat blinds and used popup blinds for many yrs, I've killed a lot of gobblers the same day that the blind was built. I like to use nat stuff that just laying around, I build them in middle of the day with as little noise as possible. If possible, I build mine in the shade. Go for it, good luck!

10gaugemag

Build it. I hunt from a pop up at times and have killed a lot of birds from them when they were just set up in the middle of a wide open pasture. I don't know why but they don't seem to be bothered at all. Deer are a different story though.

noggin buster

g8rvet

If you build it, they will come.

Sorry, it had to be said.  I do it all the time.  I have built ground blinds in the dark that I have only used that one day and killed a bird.  I don't get real elaborate, just a quick bit of cover.  You will be fine.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

firstflight111

I set my double bull up in a flat field never had a trouble working birds in ..

Sent from my C811 4G

CUPPED AND COMMITTED