OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Opening day kaaaaa plunk

Started by steveo, April 21, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveo

Well the first opener for me was today and had high hopes for some action but was not counting on the other 4 guys that surrounded me as soon as the birds started talkin! Felt like I was in Nam.... Oh well that's what I get for doing public but is what it is..... The last straw came when one dude rides right past me in his truck  ??? Thinking he was giving me the ole if I can't have em you ain't gettin em drive by!! Again state property. No worries I pack up and head on over to another property and in 15 min have one going set up and two yelps latter and some leaf scratching and he is at 20 yards and pretty as a picture. Here we go I think boom and I have redemption !! Wrong , boom and he hops up four feet runs at me boom! Gets airborne and flys at over me, :newmascot: boom and he keeps on a goin!!!! LOL I was thinking way too much and let the excitement get the best of me and didn't talk myself thru the shot like I always do and shot over him......... LOL back at it again in the AM!.

taylorjones20

It happens... At least you are in good spirits about it...  It took 3 shots on the one I killed this morning.  He was too close and I missed him clean.  Once he got out there about 25 yards I rolled him LOL

Good luck!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jblackburn

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 22, 2014, 10:34:46 PM
it happens

Yep.  If you haven't missed you haven't been at it long enough!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

Glad you got it done! 
Quote from: steveo on April 21, 2014, 07:19:53 PMLOL I was thinking way too much and let the excitement get the best of me and didn't talk myself thru the shot like I always do and shot over him......... LOL back at it again in the AM!.

First great attitude, second aim at the middle of the neck it usually fixes that problem.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.