OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Multi-Beards?

Started by Dr.Love, April 20, 2014, 09:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Love

I was lucky enough to take a bird with 4 beards. I was wondering how rare this is.
Also dose anyone have a good way to display them. Would like to keep them all attached if I can find a good way.
Thanks

DirtNap647

The more beards the more rare they are out there but rare...congrats

slamman

hookedspur

Never happened without the pictures      ;)
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Dr.Love

How do you post pictures off a phone?

Dr.Love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeeterbait

That is nice!  Out of 34 years and many birds I have only ever killed one that had two beards.

hunter22

Great gobbler for sure. That one comes along once in a lifetime.

tomstopper

Very nice. I have never killed a multi bearded bird. Congrats......

nativeks

I've killed one with three and several with 2. Buddy killed one with 6 once upon a time.

JALA Strut

WOW, Great bird...That would make a sweet looking full body mount!

appalachianstruttstopper

Quote from: Dr.Love on April 20, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
I was lucky enough to take a bird with 4 beards. I was wondering how rare this is.
Also dose anyone have a good way to display them. Would like to keep them all attached if I can find a good way.
Thanks

Best way IMO to display multi-beard bird is neck stretched out gobbling. Like on a limb or something. Quarter strut gobbling displays multi-beards well too.

BTW congrats on the nice bird!!

Dark Cloud

There's a pic of one with 9 beards on ky hunting forum killed in central ky

darn2ten

Multi bearded birds are kind of common in some areas, and not so common in others. I killed a double beard this year, and one with 4 beards last year. I have one mounted that has 3 beards. I've killed 4 double beards over the years. Just up the road from me a guy took his daughter on the youth hunt this year and she killed one with 6 beards. Her first bird ever, lol! After our regular season started he went back in the same area and killed one with 4 beards. Area I use to live in you hardly ever heard of anybody killing one with multiple beards.

guesswho

I wouldn't say their common in a couple places I hunt, but they aren't rare either.  I've killed them from seven beards all the way down to one.  Killed two double beards and two four bearded birds in one season. 

Great bird and congrtas. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff