OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

the first with my new Inferno

Started by VAHUNTER, March 16, 2011, 02:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i started a routine a couple week ago of shooting 2 arrows at each target from 20yds. to 60yds. i find that knowing i only have 2 shots at each target it helps me focus more on the shot. at 20 and 30yds. i shoot dots and always pick a different dot with each shot. but at 40 up i have a Hurricane bag with a vital on the side. on the  release of my 2nd. arrow at 40yds today i knew what had happend.

years ago i had 7 other robinhoods. after my 3 back surgery's i sold all of my equipment and threw away everything else. i had no idea that i would ever be able to shoot again.
so this is one set that i will never pitch. this really meens something to me.
thought i would share it with you guys
Good things come to those who wait

Fox Fire

Great shot my friend, looks like ya seem to have the hang of it rite.

I've shot the knocks off of'em but never been good enuff the pull of a Robin Hood, good job.

fallhnt

Glad to hear you didn't give up on archery.Are you turkey hunting with a bow this spring?
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

VAHUNTER

i plan on filling 1 of my 3 tags with my bow. more than likely will be my 3rd. tag 

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

spur collector

Kylongspur88

timbrhuntr

Nice! I used to like 3d shoots because we spent more time trying to take out each others ten dollar arrows than scoring the target  :toothy12:

jake slayer

kylongbeards

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 16, 2011, 09:34:17 PM
i plan on filling 1 of my 3 tags with my bow. more than likely will be my 3rd. tag 
as do I ,but gonna try my whole season. I've just now gotten back to being able to shoot a bow .Took a spill this past fall and broke my back and jacked up my elbow. So I've set my mind to do a string spring ...kinda corny but just glad to be able to still get out and hunt and shoot a bow.
Proudly providing the american turkey with a quick humane way of leavin this world ...and providin a good ole head stomp to finish the job !

Hevi-shot prostaff
DND Outdoors prostaff

TrackeySauresRex

Good Shootin!  :icon_thumright: Shootin like that can get expensive..
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

VAHUNTER

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 29, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
your right !! got my 2nd robin hood this evening with the Inferno at 30yds. going to start picking two different dots from now on!! lol

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: VAHUNTER on March 29, 2011, 07:49:22 PM
Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 29, 2011, 12:29:22 PM
your right !! got my 2nd robin hood this evening with the Inferno at 30yds. going to start picking two different dots from now on!! lol

VA
I have never done that,and I've been shooting archery a long time. I would consider myself a slightly above avarage shooter when it comes to archery. ;) I've busted alot of nocks and ripped alot of vanes but no robin hoods. All my practicing is mostly at longer ranges,to make the closer shots alot eaiser when the time comes. My boy did it before I have. I must be a good teacher ;D

I like to shoot different spots myself. It's cheaper that way  ;D
B-Well
Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."