OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Doctors asking about guns

Started by Spring_Woods, April 19, 2014, 07:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring_Woods

Yes. It's true. They are asking. Was at the ped Friday for a checkup on my newborn and they asked if we had guns in our home.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories, never have been. But why in the hell do doctors care so much now? Hmmm...

Suppose I volunteer that I have over 10k guns in my home. I'd expect the ATF to kick in my door, I truly would.

I handled the question the best I could imo... I said- "why?And she said we have to ask. In my mind I'm thinking if you don't know why you're supposed to ask, that's a dangerous question, and should require a careful response. I said, that's an inappropriate question. She said well you don't have to answer. So I didn't.
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

memert116

I agree it is a dangerous question that is totally ridiculous for them to ask and would NOT answer it except to tell him/her it is none of his/her business.

Byhalia

Quote from: memert116 on April 19, 2014, 08:27:43 PM
I agree it is a dangerous question that is totally ridiculous for them to ask and would NOT answer it except to tell him/her it is none of his/her business.

???   exactly....none of there business !!!
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

weave

NOYFB would be an appropiate answer there

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

memert116

Quote from: weave on April 19, 2014, 09:02:55 PM

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

jakesdad

The answer is always  ZERO. I had a nosy bustybody old lady for a neighbor at one time who hated guns.She asked me how many guns I kept in my house and I told her none.She then asked me how many dangerous bullets I kept in the house because she knew I had guns she'd seen me carry them in before.I told her I had 1.She was getting kinda po'd because she knew I was lying and i was having more fun the madder she got.

She said "well I know you've got more than one bullet in that house".I replied "maybe".I said just bust thru that door sometime in the middle of the night and I guess you'll find out.She never spoke to me again about guns.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

wibirdhunter

Just ask them an awkward question that is none of your business in return.

Old Gobbler

Tree hugger liberal type --

The problem with these folks is they were subjected to years of liberal a left leaning brainwash education at the university etc... If she was to ever to have as many near death experiences as the rest of us she would look at it at a totally different point of view
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

matchbook454

Damn right!  That's no ones business  - Molan Labe liberal mofos!

Spring_Woods

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 19, 2014, 09:12:45 PM
Tree hugger liberal type --

The problem with these folks is they were subjected to years of liberal a left leaning brainwash education at the university etc... If she was to ever to have as many near death experiences as the rest of us she would look at it at a totally different point of view

Yeah I agree but this is happening everywhere now. My cousin in  Pennsylvania had it happen to him. He answered yes, which led me to think- no one really thinks about these questions they ask at the doctors we go in there like drones.

Just because they have more education than us, doesn't mean they get to decide that we HAVE to answer every question they ask.

Guns are completely irrelevant to why we were there. I doubt my week old son could misuse a firearm.

Besides, all they'd have to do is pull my records and see I'm a concealed  carry holder, of course I have guns!!!

If I was there alone I would have said that. My wife was in a poor mood. Lmao
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

turkaholic

if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor! if you don't like your doctor I guess you can shoot your doctor? sounds like a normal democrat
live to hunt hunt to live

ctwny1

Tell that doctor you'll answer that question if he'll answer if he ever made a mistake on any patient? If if he says "NO" than say " So does that mean you don't carry liability Insurance"? That will shut him up....and I would then walk out.

DirtNap647

we have two little girls and when we took them to see the doc they didn't ask us that,  but he actually did say: I see you are wearing camo are you a hunter I said yes he said if you can give them venison its the best thing for your girls A+ in my book lol

RutnNStrutn

If I am not mistaken, that is a requirement of Obamacare, that the doctors must ask if you have guns. Sounds to me like the doc was just doing her job. She asked, as is required, but told you that she had to ask and added that you didn't have to answer.
Sounds to me like we need new politicians, not docs.

Sent from my 1950's rotary phone using Tapatalk