OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Girlfriend scored today!

Started by hgoutdoors, April 19, 2014, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgoutdoors

Set up on 5 gobblers on the roost this morning. They gobbled like crazy, but had a couple hens with them and moved off another direction. Apparently amidst all of the commotion, a group of jakes heard the racket and gobbled directly behind us. A couple soft yelps later and they're in our lap! This was her second bird. Shot with mossberg 835 and longbeard 3" #5 and he never flopped. Came in walking normal and strutting, and he did a complete somersault when shot and when I picked him up his leg was completely dislocated! Shot him at 7:15, still had time to take pictures, get breakfast, and a big ol' cup of coffee before work at ten. This was also the first turkey I have called in and been part of the kill with a pot call I made myself. Blessed morning in KY!

boomer

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cajun1085

Awesome job! Making memories is what it's about. Pictures look amazing!

DirtNap647

JVA54

chadly

MDbowman

Sounds like a great day, congrats all around!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

steveo

Congrats to the lady !!! Well done!

BigAL64

Shoot em in the face

hgoutdoors

Wrangler95

:happy0064:very nice,congrats
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

jblackburn

congrats on the bird!  nice pics!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.