OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning maxus, federal 6 heavyweight, what choke

Started by turkeymanjim, April 19, 2014, 12:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

Wondering what choke to shoot out of my maxus 12 with federal #6 heavyweight3".shot carlson 665 out of it, can't, can't reach 100 pellets in a10" circle.  Any suggestions guys.

JHoyle

My sumtoy .670 shot over 200 with the hvwt7s. Never shot the 6s. This is with a browning gold 3 1/2in

CrustyRusty

With a hevi choke and 3.5 #6's I shot 249 with a very even pattern yesterday.  The temp was 45 and slight breeze.  I know you said you wanted info on the HW load, but I don't see how much better you need than my combo.  If you're dead set on the hw load, then I'm sorry I can't help.  BTW I shot 192 with the longbeards too.

Oconeeguy

Contact Sumtoy or Trulock. I have heard of good Fed HW  #7 results with Trulock precision hunter choke, and William at Sumtoy will work with you if you call. Randy Wakeman has done some patterning with HW#7, detailed on his web site.

My limited experience with 3" Fed HW #6 was dismal in my BPS / Jellyhead combo.

turkeymanjim

Thanks for all your help guys.  I think I will go with a sumtoy choke for my maxus.  I shoot a sumtoy 562.5 choke in my sx3 20 and getting around 170 in A ten inch circle with federal 7.Again thanks for the info and good hunting.